Some parking brake help please

I just installed a new parking brake cable(may you never have to endure such a chore) and all new guts including a new drum in my parking brake. I'm pretty sure I have everything installed right, but the damn thing is too tight. Like two clicks to full lock. I can spin the drum by hand but you can hear it rub on the shoes. The little adjuster is set to the most closed position. Any ideas?

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Is the bracket on the firewall pointed down?

Yes, I believe the bracket is on right.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Is the end of the cable seated in the brake drum lever clip thingy?

I fingered it out(I think). The bottom of the shoes were real tight in the adjuster. I turned the adjuster one click forward and then back and I heard them seat properly. Fixed the problem. Thanks Mike.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Nick F. said:
I fingered it out(I think). The bottom of the shoes were real tight in the adjuster. I turned the adjuster one click forward and then back and I heard them seat properly. Fixed the problem. Thanks Mike.

Well that takes all I was going to say that after I read your post. I had the same problem on my old truck, untill it seats itself it is tighter. Took me two days to figure that one out...........legs got a workout :eek: