• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Soft top repair?

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
When my rack mounts broke on Spring Creek, the rack tore my soft top. It is made of Sunbrella, and the company that I used to use for Sunbrella work (they made my soft windows) moved to (*^$%*&( Amarillo TX.

Who is a good repairer of such things?
Sou' side, please.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
You could try Phyllis at:

Stitchlines
(303) 781-9044
3750 S Broadway
Englewood, CO 80113-3617

She does wet suits and tent repair. She might work on your top.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Cool! She said about $20 (wow). From her description it sounds like she knows what she is doing too.

It is, after all, a glorified tent... :D

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Cool! She said about $20 (wow). From her description it sounds like she knows what she is doing too.

It is, after all, a glorified tent... :D

Bill, do you think they could make door covers like you and Scaldeddog have? I wanted to get some before memorial day but not sure of the time. LMK what you think.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
It would sure be worth asking. The soft windows are not that complicated, and if she can get Sunbrella material it is the best. The window material is pretty important too, but I have no knowledge of what was used.

I doubt you could gitterdun before Memorial Day though... Maybe if you did the doors, put on the snaps (A&A Tradin Post has some, though expensive, I use a kit from them for field repair), she might. Shoot her a call.

I'm in line first though! :D

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Well, I got my top and windows back from Monaco Auto Trim. The top was a non-edged patch, well sewn, nothing to write home about - but the price was right (free).

The doors? WONDERFUL. He did a SUPER job. The zippers are exactly what I envisioned, and without reducing the window size (as opposed to what Sew Fine said would have to happen). Chris at Monaco Auto Trim is my new favorit top guy.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Now that I have a few days of use on them, I LOVE the zippers. The only downside is that the little zipper handles jingle a bit going down the road. Chris at Monaco Auto Trim says that he would also explore the possibility of stitching a custom CanBack-like top to go over your handbuilt frame, for you fellers who can't get a response from CanBack. From what I see, it would be a quality top.