So what do ya'all think of

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
the new forum? Myself, I think i'm liking it better than the old one. Sucks that we lost all our stuff from past years, but find this more friendly to me.......

Thanks to all the guys for there hard work, ya know who you are ;)

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
New one's good. Old one worked fine too. I like the fact that this one is more hack-proof. They don't seem that different to me.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I personally like it better. I like the fact more that I can log on from work now with IE. For some reason, IE worked at home, but I had to use Netscape at work.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Uploading photos for the first time, it didn't show them to me in preview mode, so I just crossed my fingers that they'd show up okay. Other than that I have to agree with Matt, if it's more difficult to hack that a very good thing, but navigation and use is about the same.

wesintl

RS Moderator
It's certainly more robust. There's small things kipper can do to personalize the forum to Rising Sun which I like. Plus I like the cleaner look and feel. Freeware is.... we'll, you get what you pay for. :)

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
I still didn't realize that PHP software could run on windoze boxes. I was always under the impression that PHP was for *nix boxes.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member

Dislikes: don't like the read receipts for PM's, don't like how when I insert a hyperlink I have to retype the text that I want to appear as said link, the old software you could just highlight once and be done.

Opportunities: Wish there were more smily icons, and I'll probably want more PM storage at some point. Also I wish our Avatars were at the side of the thread, more like it is on Mud, so each post doesn't take up 4" of space.

Overall, still blown away by how fast & proficient the change-over was.. thanks again guys.

rgsiii

I think it is an improvement. The old one was not bad.

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
I don't really notice much

It seems about the same to me.