Shop to setup gears?

FJBen

I *may* be re-gearing here within the next week or so and was wondering about which shops do a good job? I'd just bring the 3rd's into them. if not I'll get my bro-in-law's bro to do the job on the side. (he's alway SUPAH busy tho.)

Any places up northish? ft. fun? greeley? you'd trust?

FJBen

PabloCruise said:
Maybe Frank would have a club price?

duh, didn't even think about him...

sometimes this :Princess: stuff goes to my head...I'm more worried about which shirt matches my metallic paint job rather than gear swaps. :D

wesintl

RS Moderator
Might inquire with Lexusben. I hear he knows how to do this as well ;)

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
wesintl said:
Might inquire with Lexusben. I hear he knows how to do this as well ;)

I'll do it, but I'm down in littleton. PM me if you're interested and I'll let you know prices and stuff.

ben

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
One thing about the electric lockers in the rear is they need shims to set carrier bearing preload and the back lash. If you do not have the shims in stock, it will take more time to do the job. So you want some one that has done the rear electric locker from toyota from a 80 series. Ben may be your best bet as he may be able to get shims quicker then others if time is a factor. later robbie

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Ah, yet another reason I am glad I run minitruck diffs. FJ80 in the front, no shims there either.

FJBen

thanks for the info guys...sounds like i'm on hold til next year...gotta do the WHOLE front end job, new u-joints, CDL and possibly trackbars...ugh...

C-dan gets my cash...again! :D

Nay

Hard Core 4+
Are there any t-case low range reduction options? I like the 4.10's on 35's...OD off is a perfect mate on the highway (3,000 RPM @ 70 mph) and PWR mode compensates nicely around town to get the revs up....and you run really low RPM on our endless downhills on I-70.

But offroad it's too high even with the hand throttle. Perfect solution would be something around 4.3:1 in the case for about $800 clams and the 4.10 strength in the diffs.

Nay

FJBen

Nay said:
Are there any t-case low range reduction options? I like the 4.10's on 35's...OD off is a perfect mate on the highway (3,000 RPM @ 70 mph) and PWR mode compensates nicely around town to get the revs up....and you run really low RPM on our endless downhills on I-70.

But offroad it's too high even with the hand throttle. Perfect solution would be something around 4.3:1 in the case for about $800 clams and the 4.10 strength in the diffs.

Nay

I like the high speed stuff, it's just getting there that is the problem :lmao: especially uphill! The difference between my wife's stock 97 and mine is pretty big. I would like to get close to that back.

A crawler case would be nice, but they have NOTHING cheap for the 80 series.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Marlin is thinking about doing one, but nothing yet. I was talking to Alvaro about it in Moab.. I'm sure it will cost > $800 though. Slee also sells one I believe, from Mark's Adapters? but it requires a 2" body lift.. it's on the Shortbus though and works well asaik.