Shell Rotella T6 Full Syn 5W-40 Available at Walmart

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Calling all Shell Rotella T6 users. Walmart has Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 in stock. 70 bucks for a 3 pack of 3.785L jugs. Free shipping for over 35 bucks. I just got my 3 pack.
1664227845830.png

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
Any idea if it leaks more than regular diesel oil? I haven’t ever switched any of our diesels, since they are old engines & I figured there wasn’t much point for all the extra leakage that they say syrnthetic causes. But I’be never heard of that is also true of diesel oils.

ScaldedDog

Hard Core 4+
I've been running it in my 7.3 for many years. It does have a small front cover leak, but it always has. Less cold start romps with the 5w-40.

I just switched to T6 15w-40, the the thinner stuff has been unobtainable for months.

Mark

Last edited:

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I used to run it in my 80 (1FZ-FE) but when the front main and oil pump seal let go I switched to heavier dino oil until I got it fixed. Definitely leaked more before I switched. Haven't gotten around to switching back to the synth yet. I figure at 315k I'm probably better off without it. :)

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I've been running it in the 80 for several years now because it was cheap (24 bucks at Walmart) and Robbie recommended it. Haven't had any problems or issues. Based on my experience with it, I don't feel like I have to add additional oil as frequently.

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
thanks all! I'll have to give it a try next time. Burn that the sale is sold out & now $120 for the three pack though. I guess I waited too long. Hopefully they offer it up again soon.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
I have also been running T6 in my truck for years. I typically go for the 15W-40 though.