• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Seeking Diesel Mechanic in NoCo / Fort Collins Area for BEB and timing belt

MountainTropic

Brand New
I just returned to Colorado after being gone since 95 (CA and Nashville). I also just bought the 6th Land Cruiser of my life (91 HDJ81) and am totally new to the JDM models and diesels. I am teaching at CSU in Fort Collins and don't yet have a garage, driveway or the time to do a few basic preventative maintenance items on the new rig. Is there someone in the area y'all can refer me to who I can have do the BEB and timing belt? I'd try the BEB myself... but not wanting to do it in the street. Thanks in advance for any guidance. I look forward to rejoining the community of TLC owners/addicts.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I'd suggest L1 Automotive in Loveland. They're not exclusive but definitely Cruiserheads. It's the only shop I'd trust normally although can't say how comfortable they'd be if it's really odd ball JDM. But it would seem like bearings and timing belts would be pretty straightforward.

Frank is a master mechanic at Petersen and he's good, too, if you can schedule him.

Last edited:

MountainTropic

Brand New
I'd suggest L1 Automative in Loveland. They're not exclusive but definitely Cruiserheads. It's the only shop I'd trust normally although can't say how comfortable they'd be if it's really odd ball JDM. But it would seem like bearings and timing belts would be pretty straightforward.

Frank is a master mechanic at Petersen and he's good, too, if you can schedule him.
Thank you. Seems like Loveland is where it's at.

coloradobound

Hard Core 4+
Thank you. Seems like Loveland is where it's at.
Definitely recommend L1. Tim and Greg are awesome, they’ve had a number of yota diesels in their shop. They’ve also maintained my truck and other family’s vehicles for over 8 years.

beno

Wincher
What do you know? You’re just a “wincher” from New York. :)

iu.jpeg

pmccumber

Hard Core 4+
I'd suggest L1 Automotive in Loveland. They're not exclusive but definitely Cruiserheads. It's the only shop I'd trust normally although can't say how comfortable they'd be if it's really odd ball JDM. But it would seem like bearings and timing belts would be pretty straightforward.

Definitely recommend L1.

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Yeah, what he said. :)

bhakjdlmn1

New-ish
I see the occasional 80 and 100 series at Fort Collins Complete Auto Repair. It's a small independent shop on the west side of town. No personal experience taking the 200 there (no problems, touch wood), but I've used Adam at FCCAR previously for a Subaru Forester XT - good work done well at a fair price.