SAT 1/11/20 7PM - Rising Sun Annual Holiday Party

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
Are your favorite trails under threat of closure? Is there a war on Christmas? Did your mom bust in and say “What’s that noise!?”

YOU GOTTA FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT PAAAAAAARRDAAAAAY!

That’s right! We will be returning to the Poolhouse here at The Waterford Building for our annual holiday get-together.

Make sure your bathing suit still fits. Pack your family and something for the potluck smorgasbord. Pour some liquor into a more expensive bottle and push your New Years dietary resolutions out to mid January.
Personally Invite someone who is unlikely to otherwise attend. Bring that box of parts or gear that you thought you’d sell but would happily give away to another Rising Sun member. Rest easy in the knowledge that there is plenty of parking. Call with questions... And if your holiday party at work sadly falls on the same Saturday, have a Holly Jolly Christmas This Year!

6:30-11:30PM
The Waterford
1900 E Girard Pl
Englewood, CO 80113
My cell 443-223-9025

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Rad! Added it to the calendar

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I was bummed I missed last year, putting it on the calendar now. Will there be chicken fingers?

lars

RS Moderator
Staff member
bump

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
One of our VIP’s suggested a white elephant gift exchange. I propose we do one with old parts and/or gear. Could be a nice way to clear out some space in the garage. Chime in with your thoughts. We would want a separate white elephant for the kids.
I know the Kucera crew is excited!

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
One of our VIP’s suggested a white elephant gift exchange. I propose we do one with old parts and/or gear. Could be a nice way to clear out some space in the garage. Chime in with your thoughts. We would want a separate white elephant for the kids.

That's a great idea!

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
That's a great idea!

Great! I’m putting out a call for a volunteer to run the white elephant the night of the party. This will be the first one I’ve seen since I was a Cub Scout. Interested parties please reply to this thread.

I’ll have a fair bit of extra gear that can be thrown in if anybody shows up without a “gift.”

Bear in mind though-this is a potluck situation for food and drink, Rising Sun provides only the Chick-Fil-A chicken nuggets!

This is the time and place to chime in for those of you interested in coordinating potluck items. There is a kitchen here at the clubhouse.

I just bought a kind of floating party island thing to throw in the indoor pool and drink beer on. Pack a bathing suit if you are so inclined.

Reactions: Ann

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

In

Ann

Rising Sun Member
I feel like this white elephant exchange is a gift to me! We know exactly what we are bringing!

Ann

Rising Sun Member
Great! I’m putting out a call for a volunteer to run the white elephant the night of the party. This will be the first one I’ve seen since I was a Cub Scout. Interested parties please reply to this thread.

I’ll have a fair bit of extra gear that can be thrown in if anybody shows up without a “gift.”

Bear in mind though-this is a potluck situation for food and drink, Rising Sun provides only the Chick-Fil-A chicken nuggets!

This is the time and place to chime in for those of you interested in coordinating potluck items. There is a kitchen here at the clubhouse.

I just bought a kind of floating party island thing to throw in the indoor pool and drink beer on. Pack a bathing suit if you are so inclined.
Party island....outstanding!

Ann

Rising Sun Member
I am happy to organize the potluck items! Please respond with what you are bringing. I have included what our family is bringing. Here is what will be needed:

Appetizers:
Arkgen to bring Bacon wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Kucera Bunch to bring meat and cracker tray
Dan1554 to bring deviled eggs

Sides: Hamilton crew to bring large toss green salad and homemade dressings

Desserts: BC9392 to bring one dessert item.

Beverages:
Hamilton crew to bring 1 flat Kirkland sparkling water, soda and wine/beer
Arkgen to bring case of beer

Last edited:

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
i'm in for possibly a meat/cheese/cracker tray

Reactions: Ann

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
My wife JoLene has volunteered to run the white elephant exchange. I will get her to post up the plan so y'all get the lowdown on how it will go. :)

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
I booked 2 guest suites at my condo building (location of party.) They are like hotel rooms. They’ll be available on a first come serve basis for anyone traveling a long distance and/or planning on drinking too much. Post here or call me to reserve one. Unit #1 has 1 queen and 1 pullout. Unit #2 has 1 queen only.