San Rafael Swell OHV Use

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Reposted from Canyon Country 4x4 Club Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/can...CCdmmMkZttynEI5qTLI6n05tV6jzEfew&__tn__=-UC-R

San Rafael Swell Congressional Bill affecting the motorized roads and trails.

This is an update to the important meeting with John Curtis, U.S. Representative for Utah’s 3rd Congressional District concerning the U.S. Congressional Bill “Emery County Public Land Management Act of 2018” (H.R. 5727). Because of its critical importance to the OHV community, we have been able to move the meeting sooner to an earlier date. It will now be held Thursday, November 8th at 7:30 PM. Location will be at the Lindon Community Center, 25 North Main Street, Lindon Utah, 84042.

Representative Curtis will be discussing how this act may affect OHV trails that we love in the San Rafael Swell. It will include the Devil’s Race Track, Eva Conover, and other iconic trails for motorized recreation. Members of Jeep and UTV clubs are invited attend the meeting.

Representative Curtis will clarify what is included in the legislation. The bill is progressing quickly and on its way to the floor of the U.S. House. The bill will proceed to the U.S. Senate for consideration. Emery County is playing a major role in this legislation.

It’s our understanding that an Emery County official will also attend and help us understand what is being proposed including past proposals. There is a lot of miss-information written about this bill and we hope this meeting will clarify how this affects our motorized enjoyment of the San Rafael.

Please come a support our OHV interests in the Swell and please share with other 4WD and UTV friends.

Happy Trails (we hope)

Marlin Sharp
Vice President of the Lone Peak 4-Wheeler Jeep Club

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
been on and off the chopping block for a while. this is a prime example of why we need to be political as much as we don't want to be. we need to support the associations that are fighting land closures both financially and with our time and effort! i just ran devils racetrack and fix it pass a couple weekends ago...i hope it wasn't my last time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdh6dZh0CZQ&feature=share