Running board cover alternative?

I am new to the forum and new to LC's. I have a 94 Landcruiser that I purchased about 6 months ago. I have been lurking here and checking out MUD to make sure I get all of maintenence stuff done.

I have one cosmetic issue and it is the bad covers on my running boards. I have to keep them on for now so my kids can get in and out easily. Does anyone have any recommendations on something I can put on my running boards in place of the cracked covers?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Scott

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
My first recommendation would be Slee SliderSteps.
slider_step_2.jpg

If not, you might call Slee anyway. They might have some used running boards that you can pull parts from.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Scott,

You should buy my running boards that came off my '97 LX :)

No idea if they will fit on a '94 though :confused: - Other options would be Irbis offroad as they had some 80's they were parting out, Slee for their step sliders like Matt mentioned, Craigslist, and MUD for sale section.

The step sliders from Slee are very nice if you can swing the $$ now...If not, then I'd just search for a set of inexpensive used running boards that are in better shape than what you have now for the time being.

SteveH

Hard Core 4+
A nice TLCA member sent me replacement plastic covers (his old used ones). Many folks ditch the factory boards, so the parts are out there.

You could bolt aluminum diamond plate to the existing board. I found significant rust under my plastic covers, so I'd grease the entire area well with axle grease before installing new plastic or metal.

I would totally like to get the sliders, but the functionality would be lost on my rig right now.

Jeff, I don't think the 97's will fit on the 94

You could bolt aluminum diamond plate to the existing board

Bolting something to the top might be an option. I was thinking if I could get some heavy duty grip tape, that might work.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Jeff, I don't think the 97's will fit on the 94

That is the unknown...Easy to check though...5 bolts, 1 nut, and the boards are off. My front bumper is currently injecting some pink panty DNA in a '91 FJ80 out in OH :hill: - Had to be slightly modded to fit by the new owner but it worked.

Bottom line is don't spend a lot to come up with something to make what you have work...If you can find a set of OEM running boards locally they usually go pretty cheap...

Here is the link on MUD to mine:

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=172295

Might keep an eye out on MUD and CL to see what pops up. And, if you want to try injecting some pink panty DNA into your 80 just let me know :thumb: