• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

RS meeting: Wed. Sept. 1, 2021: tire night

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Rising Sun meeting on 9/1/2021 will be held outdoors at the Rooney Road Sports Complex in the parking lot.
We'll be talking about tires.

As usual, bring a folding camp chair, something to drink, a flashlight, an LED lantern, etc.

Time: Meeting will start a little earlier at 7:00 p.m. to maximize daylight hours.

Address: 101 Rooney Rd, Golden, CO 80401
Directions on Google Maps

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Have there been any plans to return to Stevinson?
Not in the near term... at least while it's still warm out (Sept-Oct), we'll most likely stay outside where it's safer. They have actually been a pretty good time out there, come on out!

stusic

Land Use Coordinator
What's the biggest tire I can fit on a diesel? :sneaky:

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Have there been any plans to return to Stevinson?
I've remained in continuous contact with Kenny and Derek (our hosts at Stevenson) throughout 2021. We had hoped for April, but as things changed we skipped right forward to a "maybe July" from them. By mid summer RS had great momentum and feedback on the Rooney outings and we've had continued good luck with availability and weather there. Our first meeting at the Rooney location was October 2020 and then we went electronic via zoom through most of the winter until we resumed meetings there with a focus on "outdoor distancing".

I appreciate the continued feedback both positive and negative about our location options.
I asked my Magic 8 ball where we would be meeting in October and it said, "very likely" :D . Maybe I asked the wrong question there but in all seriousness it's a dynamic situation and in an ideal world I'd want to meet at Stevinson over the winter months as it is a better fit for dark and cold evenings.

Have a great night everyone, Nic's running the show tonight so it should be fresh and fun!
(I'm out sick with nothing -19 related, but nothing I want to give anyone either)

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I'll make sure he's not the only GX there, Kyle! :beer: