• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

RS meeting: Wed. Oct. 6, 2021: swap meet

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Rising Sun meeting on 10/6/2021 will be held outdoors at the Rooney Road Sports Complex in the parking lot.
This is a special one:
  • We'll be holding a swap meet as part of the meeting (starting early at 6:00 pm). Bring your parts that you've been hoarding and are finally ready to part with.
  • Bring cash to buy stuff.
  • Bring a folding camp chair, something to drink, a flashlight, an LED lantern, a warm jacket, etc.
  • This may be our last outdoor meeting of the year.
Time: Meeting will start substantially earlier than normal at 6:00 p.m. to maximize daylight hours for checking out cool stuff.

Address: 101 Rooney Rd, Golden, CO 80401
Directions on Google Maps

Note: This is not meant to be a replacement for the Rally. This is a RS meeting, not an event. We haven't rented a location, paid insurance, done advertising, etc. This is meant to be a fun activity for the regular crowd that attends our monthly meetings: RS members and friends. Please don't post this up to Facebook and other places in an effort to attract a crowd. We're not prepared for that.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I'm planning on bringing some fridges to sell... probably 5 of them, 3 of which are dual zone with their own battery. So if you're looking for a new (to you) fridge, I'll see you then.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I've got a handful of parts and things left over from the LS swap that i's like to get rid of.

stusic

Land Use Coordinator
I'm planning on bringing some fridges to sell... probably 5 of them, 3 of which are dual zone with their own battery. So if you're looking for a new (to you) fridge, I'll see you then.
Great, right after I buy one... 🙄

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+

You still looking for a splitboard?

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
I have FOX suspension from upgrading Vixen I could bring. Maybe someone would be interested.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
You still looking for a splitboard?
Yeah possibly, haven't thought about it lately though tbh. Don't drive all the way down just for that though.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
How late y'all going tonight? I'm attending a birthday dinner for my sister-in-law at 5PM and was going to zip out to Rooney after. I need to unload a 2F carb and I have a new product I made for 60s to show off.

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
Got this on my calendar. As long as nothing changes I'll bring down the last couple FJ60 tailgate panels and some ATC gear that got dusty at OE Mountain West for a good discount. Cheers.

Attachments

• 720FF0B1-662B-465E-AA7B-0004F2103670.jpeg
    720FF0B1-662B-465E-AA7B-0004F2103670.jpeg
    369.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 27436DAF-B8CF-4B89-A2C6-ACCFCF57B65F.jpeg
    27436DAF-B8CF-4B89-A2C6-ACCFCF57B65F.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 145

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Got this on my calendar. As long as nothing changes I'll bring down the last couple FJ60 tailgate panels and some ATC gear that got dusty at OE Mountain West for a good discount. Cheers.
I'll pay for a tailgate panel now if that helps secure one for me. I have one I made myself but couldn't figure out the right hardware to fasten it - if yours is ready to go I'll pay!

BritKLR

Rising Sun Member
I'll pay for a tailgate panel now if that helps secure one for me. I have one I made myself but couldn't figure out the right hardware to fasten it - if yours is ready to go I'll pay!
No need to pay now. PM me your name and I'll hold it for you. See you next week....(as long as nothing changes on my end.)

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Anyone want any bolts? I just can't throw away a good bolt... but this is getting out of hand.

IMG_4976.jpg

the thread is M8 x 1.25mm, same thread found all over your Toyota/Lexus. These are all from rack take-offs... 100, 200, GX460, I could tell you which is which if it matters to you. Some have rubber washers, most have crusty Locktite, but none are stretched or rusty, they're just sitting in a new drawer waiting for a new purpose in life. But it's getting harder to close the drawer, I'd bring these out if anyone wants to fill their pockets? post up if so, thanks.

Telly

Rising Sun Member
I'm hoping to make this meeting and I'm sure I have some crap laying around to bring. Anyone want a free set of original FJ60 springs? Don't want to load them if nobody wants them.

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I want a handful of bolts, you bet!

Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
I will take a pocket full of bolts too please!

60ranchero

Rock Stacker
I will have a front axle housing from an FJ60 once I strip off the knuckles for a disc brake conversion on my FJ40. Free to a Club member!