• Hey Guest, the Expo is TODAY!
    ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

roof rack gutter mounts - recommendations? source?

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Anyone know of a good source for quality gutter mounts for diy roof racks? I like the Conn-Fer ones, so something similar? Sorry for the poor focus, but you know what I'm talking about... where to get more of these? :confused:

Attachments

• conn_fer1.jpg
    conn_fer1.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 4,919
  • conn_fer2.jpg
    conn_fer2.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 1,154

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Hey Nak,
Gimme one of those and let me see what I could do at work.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Done! And there may be a market for these, after some additional searching yesterday I learned that SOR just raised the price on their "Quick and Easy" clamps...

Beater

Hard Core 4+
go to checker or autozone or whatever, and get a set of van ladder racks. either cut of or leave the bar that holds them. something like 54.99 for a pair (four feet)

I have made my own before, with .125 plate, (4"x4") , a piece of .75 rect tube (2.5" long) some all thread and some .5" angle.

you center the tube on the plate and weld in place, and weld the angle to the allthread. Put the clamp (allthread) through the tube, and place a nut and washer on the allthread.

viola. done

or go to checker for less money and time :beer:

arthog

Hard Core 4+
Nathinal
If you make them I will buy. I need some for the 55. Yakama racks dented the sides of my roof. need some that rise stright up.

Terry