• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Rollins Pass Article in Todays Longmont Times Call

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Says "Commissioners lukewarm about reopening Rollins Pass".

Isn't online yet.

Speaks of cost between $300k and $600k to reopen to 2-wheel drive traffic. Commissioners were in the Boulder County Courthouse to lobby for reopening the pass.

Plans are to discuss the matter later this summer.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
'Twould be much cheaper to open the Boulder Wagon Road to multiuse, as an interpretive route. Of course, the family truckster couldn't get over it, but...

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Did anyone besides me detect the decidedly anti-access sentiments of the Boulder County Commissioners?? Sure, close access, you wouldn't want to have any impacts to the forest. Just keep those nasty human species out. Simple deal.

"What good is wilderness if no one can get to it to enjoy it?" The quote is not from a rabid OHVer, but if I am not mistaken, from one of the founders of the Sierra Club.

The narrow road remains open, but the blocked tunnel prevents most drivers from crossing the pass. A bumpy, unofficial side trail still allows off-roaders to drive around the blocked tunnel.

Hmmm... a little journalistic research would have gone a long way here. The alternative, Boulder Wagon Road, is closed for the same reasons quoted by the Commissioner. For now. I guess the 'unofficial' qualifier covers him. There is no alternative route save Berthoud Pass.