Rock Auto Shipping To CO

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Just got this email from Rock Auto:
RockAuto Now Shipping To Even More Addresses in Colorado!
Thank you for being a RockAuto customer! We now are registered to accurately determine city limits and taxes for many more cities in Colorado, allowing us to resume shipping parts to you!

Please visit RockAuto.com for all the parts your car will ever need! As a special welcome back, enjoy additional savings with discount code: WELCO2
Using your discount code is easy! Enter your discount code in the 'How Did You Hear About Us?' box without any other numbers or characters for an additional 5% savings. Discounts cannot be applied once an order is marked as shipped.
Your code expires on September 13, 2021, so do not wait!
Share your code! There is no limit on order size or number of orders - use your code on your next order, and share it with your friends and family!
ALL THE PARTS YOUR CAR WILL EVER NEED

Parts
Catalog
Help
Pages
Order Status
& Returns
If you would like to be removed from the mailing list, click the link below, copy and paste the link into your browser, or write to RockAuto Marketing Dept., 6418 Normandy Lane, Madison, WI 53719. Note: If you unsubscribe from our mailing list, you will not receive our newsletter, discount code emails and any other marketing messages.
http://www.rockauto.com/emaillist/emailunsub.php?step=remove&email=none@rockauto.com

AlpineAccess

Hard Core 4+
Just wanted to update, I was able to order from Rock Auto today. (y)

They consistently have some of the best prices on the ASIN parts I am looking for so this was a nice find. Thanks @Crash for the update!

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I just placed an order with RockAuto - to DENVER! Boom!

fjc man

Rising Sun Member
There was an issue. I think it ended about a year ago. It could have been just zip codes in and around Denver. Something about not wanting to deal with the tax code. I discovered this a couple of years ago and their solution to me was they would ship my order to a friend or family member in a zip code area that they didn’t have a problem with and I could do it that way!? Not inconvenient at all…

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
really? I had a package delivered to Westminster about 45min ago. thats definitely strange!
Yup, seems to be only GJ, outside city limits in Mesa County is A-OK. The municipal authority has to participate in the so-called Colorado State Sales and Use Tax System (SUTS), which we do not.

https://colorado.munirevs.com/show-page/?page=26

If anyone at Rock Auto happens to see this, well, they're losing a fairly decent order to either (or perhaps a combination of) Parts Geek and carparts.com because of this.

It's not really their fault, it's not really anyone's fault since I'm sure it takes accounting time and money on the vendor's part. The State probably takes a cut for administration on their end, which is I guess why a few cities don't participate. I understand and in principle probably support the city not spending any more than they have to for that.

No matter though, still a PITA.

Last edited:

RDub

Can you have it shipped to a friend somewhere else in Mesa County?

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Can you have it shipped to a friend somewhere else in Mesa County?
Can as long as it's outside city limits.

But I found eEuroparts.com and they're actually as cheap (or cheaper) than all of them, do genuine VW/Audi options if I want, plus do free shipping (which Rock does not) to my address. So that's a real win!

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
I’ll have to try again…didn’t work a couple months ago when I tried.