• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Roadless Rule Comment Deadline

Seldom Seen

Hard Core 4+
The public comment deadline is June 30th. Please submit all online comments to the task force by 5:00 p.m. MDT on June 30. Mailed comments to the task force must be received at The Keystone Center on or before June 30. The task force is scheduled to develop their draft recommendations at the July 19 deliberative meeting and will make them available to the public shortly following the meeting. There will be a brief comment period only on the draft recommendations ending on August 15.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Done did it. I expressed concern about inadequate OHV representation on the committee, the need for road maintenance rather than closure, and leaving open the creation of new primitive routes subject to EAs and the land manager's decisionmaking.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
From Gene King:

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 11:52 PM
Subject: Roadless Mailer Update

Hi all,
I just wanted to update you on the Roadless Task Force, and the results of our mailer. First off, we owe a big thank you to Jerry Abboud, who did virtually all of the work on the mailer, except for Greg Gibson, who has personally handled about 1000 support letters!

As you'll see, the attached photo shows Brian Hawthorne (Blue Ribbon Coalition), Jerry Abboud and I, with the stack of paper that we presented the Task Force in Grand Junction last week. There were 781 total, with 169 of them having specific comments. I have an additional 11 with specific comments, and 100-150 without. With what I pick up from Greg Gibson tomorrow night, we'll break 1,000!!! All comments are due to the Task Force on Friday, so I'll personally deliver them, and COHVCO's final comments. And I can't overlook the efforts of people who really helped bring out lots of motorized folks to the public meetings around the state, like Steve Chapel of Western Slope ATV Club in Grand Junction (see photo). We had good turn outs and speakers at almost all of the meetings, assuring that motorized recreation is well heard.

Of equal importance for COHVCO is the fact that the mailing generated enough memberships and donations to more than cover the cost. So thanks to all of you who supported this effort. We owe Brian Hawthorne at BRC and John Martin a big thank you as well, as they were key to the message, and to getting our efforts jump started.

Jerry and I are working out the final comments to present to the Task Force by their June 30 deadline, and will be working directly with them until they present their findings to the Governor in September. We've made a good impression already, and will keep working tirelessly to make sure they understand our position.

While I know that our board and volunteers have been REALLY stressed, we are getting some great things done, and you are all a part of it. I don't say it enough, but thanks to all of you, motorized recreation in Colorado is far better off than it could possibly be without you!

Dennis

Attachments

• Grand Jct June 2006 Steve Chapel lo.jpg
    Grand Jct June 2006 Steve Chapel lo.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 159
  • Grand Jct Letter Delivery lo.jpg
    Grand Jct Letter Delivery lo.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 165