Rising Sun Holiday White Elephant & Potluck: Wed. Dec. 7, 2022

Yarn Cruiser

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
ADMIN EDIT: we are planning the potluck & white elephant gift exchange as part of the RS meeting on Wed. Dec 7th. We're starting early at 6:30 p.m.

Date: Wed. Dec 7, 2022
Time: 6:30 p.m.

: Golden Gate Canyon Grange, 25201 Golden Gate Canyon Rd, Golden, CO 80403 - Google Maps.
(About 4 miles up the canyon from Slee Off-Road). Note: no dogs allowed.

Topic: Holiday Party: It's the most amazing time of year once again. Please come join us for some holiday cheer, delicious food and spectacular gift exchange.

If you wish to participate in the gift exchange please bring 1 gift and hopefully let the chaos ensue. Let's be honest that's what makes a good white elephant.

Now for the really fun part, FOOD! So, don't jump at once everyone 😉. Looking for 1 or 2 main dishes. @damon I didn't hear any complaints for the BBQ or if @Notyourmomslx450 wants to smoke something. Please if you feel the need to tackle a main dish, don't hold back.
Also need a few side dishes. I will bringing some delicious homemade mac and would love to see a handful more side dishes. Some finger/snacks foods are always welcome. We do have some gluten and dairy free needs in the group as well.
Now for dessert. It's delicious and eveyone loves good dessert. But please, we do not need 50 desserts. @DomOfTheDead would highly disagree with this statement, I stand by it. 😆 Also BYOB because I don't want your IPA!

So please come join us and let me know what dish(es) you are bringing.

Last edited by a moderator:

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
I’ll see what I can come up with. ;-)

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
HOLIDAY PARTY UPDATE:
We are planning the potluck & white elephant gift exchange as part of the RS meeting on Wed. Dec 7th. at the Golden Gate Grange.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I will be bringing the Calendars to the December meeting. I do not plan on participating in the Pot luck or gift exchange so no food for me :)

FireMike

Rising Sun Member
I will be bringing the Calendars to the December meeting. I do not plan on participating in the Pot luck or gift exchange so no food for me :)
Great Ken I was hoping for this as I held off from ordering online. Thank you

baileyfj40

Rising Sun Member
Should be there, like Ken no food or gift for me.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
So who’s bringing what??
Happy Thanksgiving y’all.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Crap just realized this is opening day for Ski Cooper..... Now I'm torn.

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
If all they have is a white ribbon of death then I would think the choice is easy...
White ribbon of death is better than nothing lol. I'm jonesing here.

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Last time I was jonesing I ripped a sweet core shot and did an impersonation of a tomahawk...

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Last time I was jonesing I ripped a sweet core shot and did an impersonation of a tomahawk...
Lol oddly enough last season I had no issues early and late season. It was late peak season when I came probably a millimeter from a core shot, on a powder day no less. I was cruising trees finding stashes over by the Three Bears lift in Copper and came to a bit of a small steep section of exposed rocks that I couldn't ride around. Tried to ollie it, caught the last foot or so and tomahawked. That little flesh wound is actually getting repaired right now with both my resort boards sitting at a shop. Hopefully they get out of the shop on Friday though and I might go rip Loveland on Saturday (I get 3 days there on my pass) in which case I'll make it to the meeting. Either way I might actually just take Thursday off and hit day 2 at Cooper.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
I picked up 18lbs of pork butt, and 48 buns. Can someone bring more buns and maybe some pickles and onions?

rushthezeppelin

Rising Sun Member
Lol oddly enough last season I had no issues early and late season. It was late peak season when I came probably a millimeter from a core shot, on a powder day no less. I was cruising trees finding stashes over by the Three Bears lift in Copper and came to a bit of a small steep section of exposed rocks that I couldn't ride around. Tried to ollie it, caught the last foot or so and tomahawked. That little flesh wound is actually getting repaired right now with both my resort boards sitting at a shop. Hopefully they get out of the shop on Friday though and I might go rip Loveland on Saturday (I get 3 days there on my pass) in which case I'll make it to the meeting. Either way I might actually just take Thursday off and hit day 2 at Cooper.
Got board back yesterday, it actually was a core shot >< Shop did an amazing job of fixing it up and repairing the base though and didn't charge me near enough IMO ($65). MUCH better looking than the tunes that REI has done for me in the past. Check out Eskimo Ski Shop if you live on the south side of Denver metro. Anyways on the main subject I will be making it on Wednesday, I've got too much going on this week to take a day off to hit up Cooper (got my Nissan Rogue sold today and having to deal with getting title transferred from credit union, to me, then to buyers credit union).

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
I picked up 18lbs of pork butt, and 48 buns. Can someone bring more buns and maybe some pickles and onions?

I can hit the store for pickles and buns, do they sell sliced/ diced/Julienne/Brunoise/Chiffonade
onnet Onions at the grocers mart?