• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Rising Sun Annual Rally 21 September 2019

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Hey Rising Sun!

I’m excited to be helping coordinate for this year at least the annual Rising Sun Rally!

I want to start with thanking Abe who coordinated last year’s events and passing off a lot of valuable information to me. I also want to thank Jeff who has giving me a lot of insight on what the Rally means to the club and trying to push our values and representing Rising Sun in the Toyota 4WD community.

With keeping with tradition this will be a 2-day event.

Day 1 – Saturday (September 21st 2019) being a chance to bring your good looking rig (trail dirt can be good looking to some) to the Rally, show it off, and check out others! Saturday will have a $5 entrance fee per vehicle, and you will get a sticker to place on your driver’s side of your windshield saying you have paid with one raffle ticket with payment. Getting contacts of venders have come in the past would be greatly appreciated. You’ll also have the chance to sell the stuff your spouse doesn’t like taking up space. This is very relaxed and I don’t plan on getting into the weeds on the swap, as it seems to work out with people that have attended the event in the past years without problems.

Venders will all be in one area of the event. Type of rig and generation will be how vehicles are placed around Rally. So please help encourage this even if you are not volunteering. If you show up early please do not enter the area until you have paid.

I’m hoping we can provide food again fore the event with burgers, brats, and hotdogs. Jeff said it’s easier to work around the number of $5 for everything. I agree! So $5 entrance fee, $5 suggested donation for Hotdog/Hamburger/Brat with bag of chips, and drink. ($1 waters, $1 Soda’s, $1 Chips sold separately.) Since we are a non-profit we can actually just make it a donation to the club. (After paying back the initial cost of supplies) Talking with Abe I think it’s important food is on site, because it will give people a reason to stay on site.

8 Hours is a lot of time for the Rally, I think it would help a lot if we could get some guys from the club to do some demonstrations, like a demonstration on how to use a high lift, inspection of tires before and after trail use. Preventive maintenance before you hit the trail, what do look for after you leave the trail? Other ideas would be ideal and hopefully we can lock up volunteers for this in the August club meeting. I would think 3 demonstrations would more than enough and can be part of the event schedule.

Day 2 (Sunday September 22nd) will be on the trails with an easy, moderate/hard trail. (Need trail leaders!)

For the Rally we need 8-10 people throughout the day to volunteer. I think the best way to do this is just ask if we can get 8-10 people volunteer for 8 hours, and if we can’t do that, maybe we can split it up to two 4 hour shifts to help run the event so you don’t have to be there all day and possibly get more volunteers.

Dirty Details:

Rally will be Saturday September 21st at from 10am -5pm at 900 Jefferson Country Pkwy, Golden, CO 80401 (South Jefferson County Human Services Building)
We need volunteers from 9:30am for our first push to help coordinate parking, sell left over merch from Cruise Moab, help run the food booth, and other general things.

If you can volunteer if you could fill out this forum:
https://forms.gle/4wUBA6MTbxbFwFnc6

If you’d be willing to do a demonstration please fill out this forum:
https://forms.gle/o3nJXoHY4HBsrYQKA

If you are willing to lead a trail on Sunday the 22nd of September please fill this forum out:
https://forms.gle/1v3xggNbkeaX5sCH7

Needs before event:
I need some help on what the inventory is from last years Cruise Moab’s merchandise. Who has a key to the trailer that would be willing to get an inventory of merchandise?

Someone needs to pick the trailer up on bring it down to the Rally and have it there at 8am sharp!

Timeline for Saturday:
8:00AM – Trailor Arrival
8:00 – 9:30 – Set up anything that is in trailer in designated spots.
10AM –
-(4 Total Volunteers) 1 Volunteer will start exchange Sticker/Raffle Ticket for vehicle entering rally and point them to the (3 volunteers) next volunteer which will be dispersed to organize vehicles…
- 4 other volunteers can help setting up canopies, march stand, and food.

11AM – 12PM – First demonstration
12:30PM – 1:30PM - Second demonstration
2:00PM – 3:00PM – Third demonstration
3:30PM-4:00PM – Start clean up
4:00PM – 5:00PM – End of Rally (Breakdown)

Last edited:

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
I need some help on what the inventory is from last years Cruise Moab’s merchandise. Who has a key to the trailer that would be willing to get an inventory of merchandise?

Someone needs to pick the trailer up on bring it down to the Rally and have it there at 8am sharp!

Hopefully someone from the CM committee sees this. When I was chair, I used to go up to Mike Koon's place (where our trailer is stored) and he and I would pull everything out, I'd inventory the leftover merchandise, then we'd put everything back in nice and neat. I don't know if this has occurred for the 2019 CM cycle. Mike has always brought the trailer to the Rally and then brought it back to his property near Slaughterhouse Gulch Trail and stored the trailer for us. Mike's contact info can be found in the member's section. He's responsive to calls/texts/emails.

I have a key, Mike always has a key and the other two may be with possibly Matt Farr/Dan Kucera/Andy Lewien. There used to always be 4 keys, which was the count as of this time last year.

Note that having an inventory of leftover CM stuff isn't a requisite to plan or put on the Rally. What's left is what's left. I used to do it for CM operational/planning purposes, to determine how much was over-ordered (a chronic CM problem) in order to fine tune order quantities for the following year's event..

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I’ll reach out to him this week. I head to grand lake on Thursday this is a priority for when I get back. Trying to get things paid for right now this week.

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Please use these files for the promotion of the event. I have included a 8 1/2 x 11, 11 x 17, Instagram Image, and a Facebook image. All are formatted for best results in each application.

I'll have the flyers printed to hand out tonight for members helping with promotions.

Attachments

• Rising Sun Rally Poster 2019_8x11.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 511
  • Rising Sun Rally 2019_11x17.pdf
    6.2 MB · Views: 442
  • Rising Sun Rally 2019_IG.jpg
    Rising Sun Rally 2019_IG.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 420
  • Rising Sun Rally Poster 2019_Facebook.jpg
    Rising Sun Rally Poster 2019_Facebook.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 459

DanTheMan

Rising Sun Member
Hey @3rdGen4R the link for the volunteer form isn't working...

DanTheMan

Rising Sun Member
Untitled.png

DanTheMan

Rising Sun Member
Nope, still the same message

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I finally decided I was going to go, but now I can’t. My wife booked a weekend in Steamboat for our anniversary. Sorry

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Now that we are less than a month out I need people to volunteer for the event. So far only 1 person has volunteered! Thanks in advance!

MarcusW

New-ish
Joining the club tonight (hopefully) and volunteered for the morning shift, I have a ham license so if you need to put me remote to direct traffic or just be a roamer and go where help is needed I can do that.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Now that we are less than a month out I need people to volunteer for the event. So far only 1 person has volunteered! Thanks in advance!

Like I told you on the phone, I will be there an hour before opening and will help out until I go open my store at noon.