• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Reporting Trail Hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
For those of you who weren't at the January meeting, I talked about the reporting of hours and it's importance. Basically all of our hours spent using the trail in Colorado need to be reported to Adam Melberg at the Colorado Association of 4WD Clubs. I am thinking that it's easier (for at least this year) for me to collect the hours and report them on behalf of the club on a monthly basis to Adam so they all get counted and subsequently reported to congress by the BLM at the end of the year.

So with that being said...
When writing up a report please include the following information at the very beginning of your report:

-Date(s)
-Number of participant (old enough to walk)
-Name of trail and FS Road number if available.
-Total time spent on the trail. (Include drive time to and from the trail. But do NOT include camping time, or time spent eating at restaurants)

-If it was a run specifically meant to perform a task such as trash clean up or trail repair, state this. Otherwise list it as "Trail Patrol".

This is for Colorado activities only. Time spent on trails in other states needs to be reported to the appropriate authorities in charge of such things. I'm not 100% sure, but I assume that would be the local FS Ranger Station in the area where you are wheeling.

Also, you can send this info to me in a PM if you want.

Please try to keep track of this stuff, guys. This is what lets the FS and BLM know that we are out here on these trails and we care enough to spend the time to keep them clean.

I'll try to answer any questions you guys have.

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
It seems that folks are just posting their hours directly to my other thread in the trip report section. This is a good idea. That way there's just a list of data for me to compile and report.
But let's go ahead and have that over here where it's not always taking up the top spot in the trip reports.

Keep them coming guys! :thumb:

BDGIII

3-29-15
Yankee Hill, Trail Patrol
4 Adults, 3 Vehicles, 6 hrs each, 24 hrs total.
Picked up trash, seen a few big groups of Toyotas. A few of them might be at the meeting at Jeffco.

Old40Dog

Rising Sun Member
4-5-2015
Slaughterhouse Gulch, Patrol Trail 4 Adults, 3 Vehicles, 5 hrs each, 20 hrs total.
Picked up lots of trash.

BDGIII

Trail Partol

Saturday 4-4-2015
Trail Patrol, Yankee Hill
3 trucks,5 people, 8hrs each, 40hrs total. Trash pick up, and the first time out in the 4 runner. Road was really fun after last snow. Snow drift at top is very large. There are some couches that need picked up. We might go up without the topper on the truck to go pull them out.=40hrs

Sunday 4-5-2015
Trail Patrol, China Wall, Hackett Gulch
2 trucks, 3 people, 12hrs each, 36hrs total.
Picked up trash on china wall. Hackett was pretty clean except around the rolled suv. Picked up what I could reach I just had knee surgery. We drove Hackett last summer in my 80 and it didn't seem very difficult. This time we were in Ashley's Tacoma and it made it very fun. A friend went who had a brand new rubicon and he had never been off road. I think he's hooked. We picked up trash on and along road 360 heading north from Hackett towards Turkey Rocks. It looked like trash from campers that had blown out of the trucks.=36hrs

Old40Dog

Rising Sun Member
Yankee Hill 4/11/15 and 4/12/15

Saturday 4/11/15.

16 Hrs. 3 - Adults and 1-11 y/o - Trail Patrol up and over Yankee Hill area.

Sunday 4/12/15.

6 Hrs. 3 - Adults - Trail Patrol from Yankee Hill to Central City. Partial removal of old recliner from a mud hole. Will complete next weekend if possible.

BDGIII

3 adults, 2 trucks, 5hrs each. =15 total.
We drove china wall 4/25/15.
Trail patrol. Didn't include hours driving to and from trail because we were down in the area camping all weekend catching all the fish. Fished tarry all friday night, saturday and sunday. Caught lots of fish with spinners. Caught fish at Tarryall Creek at the end of china wall also. It was my friends birthday, he had never been to china wall. He took me to webster pass 12-13 years ago when i first moved here. And that trip got me hooked.

BDGIII

june 6-7th. yankee hill
4 trucks 6 people. I would say 5 hours each. We went up to camp saturday night. We camp at a spot people have been target shooting and not cleaning when done. We filled up 2 big contractor bags and a bunch of grocery bags with trash. One friend who was from san fran and was very excited to be out in the woods. Chris and alex broke a birfield and had to leave early. There is still lots of trash from shooters up there. Pickle Gulch also has a lot of trash from shooters in the first 1/4 of the trail.

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
Awesome, guys! Keep them coming! :thumb:

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
Pennock Pass/Kelly Flats 5/5/2015 - toured all of the trail closures for Canyon Lakes/Pawnee Forest Service - about 6 hours

Argentine 6/7/2015 - Put us down for 20 hours (9am-7pm each)

Argentine 6/12 through the 14th - two people about 32 hours.

BDGIII

Trail Patrol-2 adults, 1-truck, 3 hours total
(Ute Trail - fr175 out of Salida to HW24.) We took HW24 to elk horn road, country rd15 to como on 285. It was a great drive through grazing land. Its a county road so that part don't count for trail patrol. Anybody going to or from Salida should take the drive. I don't think you lose much time either.

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
Please don't report hours from the official Argentine cleanup run on the 13th. That 8 hour period is already being reported through Brant. Unless you were there and didn't sign the sign-up sheet. If you signed that sheet, then your hours have already been counted for that Saturday (13th).
Just FYI. :D

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
Trail Patrol-2 adults, 1-truck, 3 hours total
(Ute Trail - fr175 out of Salida to HW24.) We took HW24 to elk horn road, country rd15 to como on 285. It was a great drive through grazing land. Its a county road so that part don't count for trail patrol. Anybody going to or from Salida should take the drive. I don't think you lose much time either.

What day was this?

simps80

Rising Sun Member
Please don't report hours from the official Argentine cleanup run on the 13th. That 8 hour period is already being reported through Brant. Unless you were there and didn't sign the sign-up sheet. If you signed that sheet, then your hours have already been counted for that Saturday (13th).
Just FYI. :D

was stuck talking to the sheriff not sure what was accounted for or not. yes i was there past the one day hence two days mentioned lets call it 9 hours to avoid confusion.
I know in years past we have been shorted many hours as a club.

Or disregard all together not overly important

Last edited:

simps80

Rising Sun Member
June 21
Rollins pass east
4 people x 6 hours = 24
Trail patrol
Picked up trash.
Also put out a campfire that was still going!! in the big campground we use for jenny creek days

chillbill

Rising Sun Member
June 13, 2015:

Two Adults X 4 hours = 8 hours

Trail Patrol: Yankee Hill F.S. RD 175.1

June 27, 2015

Two Adults X 8 Hours = 16 hours

Trail Patrol: Lost Canyon F.S. RD 398

Saturday Trail Run with the Set Them Free Event. Total of 12 vehicles, only two Toyota's. My 4Runner and a FJ Cruiser.

June 28, 2015

Two Adults X6 Hours = 12 hours

Trail Patrol: Ruby Mountain, Bald Mountain F.S. RD 300

Sunday Trail Run with the Set Them Free Event. Total of 10 vehicles, only two Toyota's again. My 4Runner and another 4Runner

This was a great event, saw Baja1d (Travis) at the event as well.

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Time to get these caught up. Sorry I've been slacking Trav. :)

3/22/15 Slaughterhouse Gulch 4 people @ 7 hours. Ran the trail, picked up trash.

5/30/15 Yankee Hill 2 people 6 hours. Ran the trail, picked up trash, got stuck in a snowdrift. :hill:

6/27/15 Slaughterhouse Gulch 2 people 5 hours. Ran the trail, picked up trash.

I need to get out more! :D

rover67

Rising Sun Member
6/27/15 Jenny Creek 8 people @ 8hrs each. Ran Trail, Replaced temporary signage with permanent signage, trash pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.