• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Rental car to tow a trailer?

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
I've looked on line at their quotes, and they start at $1500 right now... maybe I'm doing it wrong? Need to go from Columbus, OH to Denver, sometime around October 22nd.
That 60 in Ohio I told you about …. I’ve been looking at rates to get it out here and they seem really high. I’ve never done this before, but uShip quotes came in at $1700-2400. Private carriers were $1500-2000, brokers were $2000+. Maybe there’s a bunch of overhead in shipping that I don’t understand. I looked into renting a truck and flat trailer and it was going to cost just as much…
So now I’m following this for bright ideas.

DanInDenver

Trail Ready

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
Fly out, buy a truck no money down, then sell it when you get back here?
I maybe binging too much on Junkyard Garage.

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/d/circleville-hd-duramax/7347587697.html

The only problem with this is he is going to Ohio... I am on the search for a truck (at the right price) still, and haven't even looked around there.

DanInDenver

Trail Ready
As I understood it the trailer is in Ohio and needs to be brought here.
Tim absolutely needs the 6x6 to tow that trailer back here. I stand by my recommendation.
Epic Road Trip in the making.

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Give me the weight, length and axle count and I'll see if any of my friends in Ohio want to bring it out and quote a price.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I rented this from enterprise. Borrowed the trailer.
overall very happy w/ the choice. I total w/ overage on miles it was just shy off 1300 for 9 day rental.
8E896595-4B90-4B64-BCE7-412EF8A7FE1F.jpeg