• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Red Cone soon?

PhillyB77

Thinking of doing this before it gets snowed in. LMK

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
interested, but doubtful as I'm super busy right now. But @Johnny Utah & I were just talking about this, literally minutes ago.

ScaldedDog

Hard Core 4+
I'm interested, but my rig is a trailer queen, so I need to start and finish in the same place. I could start in Keystone and do Webster first to meet up at the Red Cone trailhead, or some thing similar.

Mark

baileyfj40

Rising Sun Member
Mark, I believe that Webster is closed at the top to fullsize vehicles just below the saddle. It is open to atvs all the way.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Mark, I believe that Webster is closed at the top to fullsize vehicles just below the saddle. It is open to atvs all the way.
closed this early, or they never opened it? seems odd this time of year for either.

baileyfj40

Rising Sun Member
To narrow for full size vehicles.

ScaldedDog

Hard Core 4+
Is it any more narrow than it's always been? There's that one section toward the bottom that is really skinny, at least if ones rig is 83" wide, but the rest has always been fine.

Mark

Killacaviar

New-ish
I’ve ran redcone, Webster and radical in their entirety twice this season. A full sized 200 had no problems anywhere on the trails. I also know a large group of 200s at LCDC ran it this year with no issues as well

PhillyB77

So wait, is it open or closed or...?

Excuse my ignorance, what about the narrow part? I did this run to the top in a full size / lifted Tundra about 6 years ago. Terrible idea but it made it. The 4 Runner shouldn't have an issue?

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
So wait, is it open or closed or...?

Excuse my ignorance, what about the narrow part? I did this run to the top in a full size / lifted Tundra about 6 years ago. Terrible idea but it made it. The 4 Runner shouldn't have an issue?
just watch your wheels, and youll be fine. did it in my 80 about a month ago. I didnt feel stressed about it in the slightest..