• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Red Cone/Radical Hill/Saints John - 7/31/21

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Looks like it might be a little drier to the north - anyone up for hitting Kingston Peak or maybe Jenny Creek/Rollins Pass on Saturday?

I'm just not much for camping in the rain. :D

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
@bassguyry maybe Kingston since there might be a Jenny creek clean up day coming soon...?

J1000

Rising Sun Member
I was looking forward to Red Cone. Is it really supposed to rain a lot or just come and go? Usually it doesn't stick around for long in CO.

Yarn Cruiser

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
When @DomOfTheDead and I were at Creede last weekend, early morning was clear with rain afternoon to evening. Friday, was scattered showers of decently hard rain by evening it was torrential down pours from about 5/6 to sometime early am. Red Cone area has similar forcast as last weekend did for us. Weather is always subject to change.

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I was looking forward to Red Cone. Is it really supposed to rain a lot or just come and go? Usually it doesn't stick around for long in CO.
Looks like there's a 90% chance of thunderstorms throughout the day on Saturday, starting at about 8-9AM. I'd say that falls under "supposed to rain a lot". :)

I'm still up for hitting Red Cone, I'd just hate to get up there and have to slog through wet trails only to miss out on the awesome views at the top.

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Maybe Miller Rock would be a cool trail to try out on Saturday? I've run part of it in the past, and it's pretty fun/scenic.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Maybe Miller Rock would be a cool trail to try out on Saturday? I've run part of it in the past, and it's pretty fun/scenic.
Sounds good! What time? Where to meet up? GMRS 22? Lunch spot on trail?

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

J1000

Rising Sun Member
I may not make it either sorry to say :( one of my cars took a dump on me last night and I've got so many projects as it is I'm not sure I can take the time. Also my 100 needs a few things I was hoping to get done by now. I'm going to bust my butt today and see what I can do to make it.

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I may not make it either sorry to say :( one of my cars took a dump on me last night and I've got so many projects as it is I'm not sure I can take the time. Also my 100 needs a few things I was hoping to get done by now. I'm going to bust my butt today and see what I can do to make it.
I don't think you have *that* many projects going on right now, c'mon... ;)

Hope you can make it, Jimmy!