Recovery team Cruise Moab 2023

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
We are looking for volunteers that will be coming to Cruise Moab for 2023 and that have tow vehicles with flatbed trailers to assist, if needed, with getting a broken vehicle from a safe loading location to where ever locally to the city of Moab, the vehicle owner desires (old Spanish trail arena, repair shop, ect). It will be up to trail leaders, tail gunners and the broken vehicle owner to decide how to get said vehicle to a safe loading location (like a trail head parking lot) for a member of the recovery team to load up, tie down and transport the vehicle to a safe unloading location.

DanS

Rising Sun Member
We are looking for volunteers that will be coming to Cruise Moab for 2023 and that have tow vehicles with flatbed trailers to assist, if needed, with getting a broken vehicle from a safe loading location to where ever locally to the city of Moab, the vehicle owner desires (old Spanish trail arena, repair shop, ect). It will be up to trail leaders, tail gunners and the broken vehicle owner to decide how to get said vehicle to a safe loading location (like a trail head parking lot) for a member of the recovery team to load up, tie down and transport the vehicle to a safe unloading location.
I don't have a trailer, but I might be able to scrounge one up to borrow. If I can (Or if anyone has one) I can bring the stupid Dodge to tow stuff.

Dan

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Bumping this thread. Just starting to plan whether I need to plan on driving the stupid Dodge or not. ;)
I think you need to put "Stupid Dodge" in your signature. 😁

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Bumping this thread. Just starting to plan whether I need to plan on driving the stupid Dodge or not. ;)
If you can get a trailer than bring the "stupid dodge". If you can't, no need for the "stupid dodge".

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
It might also make sense for the Committee to have a pre-established group text for all the people who are good resources for recoveries. Mechanical skills if it can be trail-repaired. Recovery skills if it need to be hauled out. Etc. Two years ago when I kept breaking other people's rigs on my runs, it was always my own contacts list that helped me reach the right people at the right time. That included that I had numbers for most of the committee. Glad we are being pro-active here!

SaintAgatha

Rising Sun Member
Forget about driving the Long Cruiser to Moab, we have a stupid Dodge that you can HAVE. Keep it. It's yours. I'll pay you to take it away from me for forever.