• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Recommendations for my little ripper!

white wings

Hard Core 4+
My daughter has been getting WAY faster and it's time to give her some hand controls, extra gears and a taller wheel.

She's 48" tall, 22" inseam and 6.5 years old. I'm thinking an aluminum framed 20" wheel and possibly front suspension. She took a a chin digger yesterday and said, "Dad, If I had a bigger front wheel this would not have happened!"

She listens when I talk to her about wheels sizes and rocks...love this kid!

scheefdog

https://us.woombikes.com/

We have multiple friends with these bikes and they are awesome because they are actually designed for kids. They are light weight with components for small hands, feet, etc. Sometimes they list the "showroom" bikes up on ebay for discount.

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
What's your budget? 20" seems small at 4'?

I still have Bridger's 24" for sale it's a pretty sweet ride. https://risingsun4x4club.org/xf/threads/kids-24-mtb.24442/

Suspension is not as important as light weight. a fat front tire is generally all a little rider really needs until they start really pounding the trail. And even then light weight is more important. The other problem with kids bikes with suspension is that the suspension is generally so low end it does not even work. Or does at first then sucks soon after.

Trailcraft is a top end kids bike. And Bridger is currently on the Timber 26" It's nicer than what I raced on in my 20's

white wings

Hard Core 4+
What's your budget? 20" seems small at 4'?

I still have Bridger's 24" for sale it's a pretty sweet ride. https://risingsun4x4club.org/xf/threads/kids-24-mtb.24442/

Suspension is not as important as light weight. a fat front tire is generally all a little rider really needs until they start really pounding the trail. And even then light weight is more important. The other problem with kids bikes with suspension is that the suspension is generally so low end it does not even work. Or does at first then sucks soon after.

Trailcraft is a top end kids bike. And Bridger is currently on the Timber 26" It's nicer than what I raced on in my 20's
She's actually 6.5 years old, 22" inseam and 48" tall.

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
4'=48" no? :)

But what is the budget? That kind of dictates options. I can only continue to emphasize light weight over anything for small riders.

Bridger was 4’3” when he started riding the 24” Norco.

07D5AB42-7E8F-43F7-A28F-56731DC0B0A9.jpeg

Last edited: