• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Recommend me a good mechanic

Fisher67

Rising Sun Member
Need to get someone to put on new AHC globes and talked to Paul, but he is also pretty backed up. Anyone else competent that could handle in metro Denver area?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Toy Car Care is a great shop for Toyota maintenance. They have worked on my 80 several times and done a fine job.

You might also contact @Three Wheel Ben (Ben Ashcraft) who is living down in Castle Rock now. He knows everything about Toyota Land Cruisers.

Fisher67

Rising Sun Member
Dropped the 100 off with Paul yesterday. Man knows his way around the 100 platform!

Fisher67

Rising Sun Member
Dropped the 100 off for
A
New front stabilizer bar and a cabin air filter housing. He confirmed he does not work on 80
Series.

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Dropped the 100 off for
A
New front stabilizer bar and a cabin air filter housing. He confirmed he does not work on 80
Series.
That's interesting. Did he say why? I would imagine it is to stay out of the drama associated with a lot of 80 series owners nowadays. I don't know how many Mud threads I've read where people can't understand why a ~30 year old vehicle with 250k or more on the clock needs so much attention. "But it's a Land Cruiser!?!?!"

Fisher67

Rising Sun Member
Nic,

I get the sense that he is 100 series only because he has all the work he wants from just those trucks. He works from his garage and has people from all over the country sending him trucks to work on. He knows his stuff and I think it will keep my 100 running for a long time. He had me replace the steering rack and has been fine tuning the suspension which now has new globes for the AHC and regular cruiser bars because i had Slee add skid plates in additions to ARB bumpers and a winch. Drives as good as when I bought it new in 2007!