Rear DS door stop pushed through door - club advice/help wanted!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I would probably side with Adam here... find a way to make a backing plate JB weld it on the inside. Actual welding/painting/bodywork is just going to explode into more of a project than it's worth, particularly if you weld sheet metal like I do... I often seem to make holes bigger, not smaller. :weld:

Pz10420

Trail Ready
I would recommend cutting out a square until you have all the damaged metal gone. Then use something as thick as 1/8 in and cut it a couple inches bigger than the hole you make. drill a few holes and plug weld the plate inside the door. I’d be happy to help sometime, the only kicker is I’m down in woodmoor...and have 3 kids and puppy which eat up most of my time.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Never knew this was a thing. Checked my 100 today and all is good but I will be sure to lube those slides.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
I got some exhaust work that needs done replacing a few cats if you want to practice...
Well I don't have any missing cats, but I do have a little exhaust elbow/turn to attach. That would be some good practice too I guess.

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
Never knew this was a thing. Checked my 100 today and all is good but I will be sure to lube those slides.
I have not seen or heard about this yet either. My 100 is 22 years old now so I’ll take a close look at my doors. I think a fabricated reinforcement plate would be a nice option.

Read: I don’t know how to fabricate myself, but I would certainly open my wallet if someone designed a nice reinforcement plate!:giggle:

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
I have not seen or heard about this yet either. My 100 is 22 years old now so I’ll take a close look at my doors. I think a fabricated reinforcement plate would be a nice option.

Read: I don’t know how to fabricate myself, but I would certainly open my wallet if someone designed a nice reinforcement plate!:giggle:
Yeah seems like something our community would make.