raffle truck - 032707

Beater

Hard Core 4+
ok,

So, I am back from my father/son fishing trip. Can we still get the vehicle to exhaust pro's, then to christo's?

Christo - can you do your bumper thing this weekend?

Jim/2bad - can you bolt on sliders this weekend?

Tom - can you place the deck in this weekend?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

maybe.
my wifes b-day dinner is saturday
but if we can work on the truck early enough.....i don't see a problem
:thumb:

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
ok...kev's having communication issues with his dsl again, so here's the latest scoop. exhaust pros can't do the work until monday. we WILL be working on it at christo's this weekend. kevin is taking it over today. he will let me know what time christo will have the shop open for us to work on the rig.

then, we need someone to take the rig from christo's to exhaust pros!!! kevin can't and mike will be out of town. mike's dad has said he might be able to help, so i'll get ahold of him, but just in case, is there anyone else with a tow rig with brakes that can tow the vehicle?

this weekend, we need to get the new seat foam in (note to self, i need to get more hog rings), get rear deck in, get powertank mounted and, if jim can, get sliders mounted. i'll also bring grill, headlights and valance, but not hood. i don't want to risk damaging the paint, so we'll do that when it gets back to my place.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
let me know how I can help...Sat. morning and Sun. afternoon. I can go get the sliders if he can't get them out to Golden. Would the hood fit ok in the back of my 80?

T

ok...kev's having communication issues with his dsl again, so here's the latest scoop. exhaust pros can't do the work until monday. we WILL be working on it at christo's this weekend. kevin is taking it over today. he will let me know what time christo will have the shop open for us to work on the rig.

then, we need someone to take the rig from christo's to exhaust pros!!! kevin can't and mike will be out of town. mike's dad has said he might be able to help, so i'll get ahold of him, but just in case, is there anyone else with a tow rig with brakes that can tow the vehicle?

this weekend, we need to get the new seat foam in (note to self, i need to get more hog rings), get rear deck in, get powertank mounted and, if jim can, get sliders mounted. i'll also bring grill, headlights and valance, but not hood. i don't want to risk damaging the paint, so we'll do that when it gets back to my place.

Beater

Hard Core 4+
Thanks Ige,

I have soccer this weekend, and will not be able to attend. At the bare minimum, we need to get the items ige listed. I really want to get the sliders on this weekend as well.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
ok, christo will be up there at 8am. i plan on being there about 9=9:30.

if you show up before parts do, the driver's seat foam is with the rig, so you can start pulling the old seat bottom apart (do not damage the cloth, we will be reusing that) and hog rings and pliers are there. also, kevin said one of the front brake lines is leaking (soft to axle hard line), so that needs to be looked at and the right front shackle pins are still a tad loose.

i'll be bringing the powertank up.

tom, are you bringing the rear deck?

is jim doing the sliders?

justin/art, have you guys gotten any of the oem parts yet?

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
did we get a replacement bolt for the shackle?

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
correct

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
anything going on today???

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
steve's doing some small misc things and tom is working on the deck...that's all. root sr. and i will be going to pick up the raffle trailer and then get the rig in an hour or so, so he can get it to exhaust pros in the morning.

Crash

Rising Sun Member
steve's doing some small misc things and tom is working on the deck...that's all. root sr. and i will be going to pick up the raffle trailer and then get the rig in an hour or so, so he can get it to exhaust pros in the morning.

Ben's the only one at the shop now. Tom's rear platfrom looks great and compliments the Tuffy rear cargo box. I really like the new-design Slee rear bumper and the Rock Solid sliders look good too. Since the taillight housing is at Ige's I left the tail light lens in the Tuffy console box. That thing is cool. Rerouted the a/c lines and lubed the transmission throttle valve cable some more. It would be a good thing if we could get a new throttle valve cable for when the new valve body is installed as the current cable is somewhat notchy which is typical for a 200,000 mile vehicle. They ain't cheap, unfortunately.
Suz will take my 62 to Exhaust Pros tomorrow, so Ige, if you could let us know how the timing works out for taking the truck there, please.
S

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
root sr. and i picked up the raffle rig trailer, then headed to slee's to get the rig. uncle ben had found a loose brake fitting (l front) and i think that some air may ahve gotten in cause the brakes were sweet a few weeks ago, now they're spongy, so we'll need to rebleed the fronts.

gotta say though...it looked sweet as root sr. was pulling away from the house with it in tow.

he'll take it down in the morning before 9:30am. danny is the guy at exhaust pros that we're dealing with

and steve's right, the rear deck does look sweet!

Crash

Rising Sun Member
root sr. and i picked up the raffle rig trailer, then headed to slee's to get the rig. uncle ben had found a loose brake fitting (l front) and i think that some air may ahve gotten in cause the brakes were sweet a few weeks ago, now they're spongy, so we'll need to rebleed the fronts.

gotta say though...it looked sweet as root sr. was pulling away from the house with it in tow.

he'll take it down in the morning before 9:30am. danny is the guy at exhaust pros that we're dealing with

and steve's right, the rear deck does look sweet!

The raffle truck really is shaping up and I hope we can even drive the damn thing before too long. Don't want it getting too used to being a trailer queen!! Still, lots of work to do and thanks to John for keeping things rolling in the right direction. We need help from everyone that possibly can help.
Ige, is my guess right about Exhaust Pro's address being 7576 hwy 2? It has to be, so we will mapquest that for getting there in the morning. I hope you kept the cats and the rest of exhaust system in the back seat as it looked like the flanges on the cats might be the same as the exhaust manifolds. Otherwise, Danny might be hard pressed to easily come up with some mounting flanges for the new manifold back system. Suz will be there as close to 9:30 as she can.