• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Question about trails - Jaxx Trax and Cameo Cliffs

blackrider

Brand New
I missed the signup at the open and got waitlisted for Poison Spider Mesa and the Hells Revenge night run. I'm thinking to combine Jaxx Trax and Cameo Cliffs into a single day, so I can add in hells revenge during one of the days. Is it easy to run Jaxx Trax with a group and then hit cameo cliffs? Or is there a lot in the area, so better to run them on separate days and then explore around the area after the group trail runs?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
You could do them both in a day, but our guided trail runs are not paced for maximum efficiency -- they are paced for maximum enjoyment. That means people get out and take pictures, we stop for lunch, and we stop when there is an overlook to enjoy. So you may not start your second run until mid-afternoon. We also don't recommend running trails by yourself -- if you can get another 2 trucks to run with you, that gives you backup in case of mechanical failure or a stuck truck.

blackrider

Brand New
Thanks Matt! I agree about running with a group, that's why I'm hoping to go on poison spider mesa with a group, it's my target run this year and they were all full by the time I opened registration today. I'll see if I can't get my own group together for it if a spot doesn't open up.