• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

projects, driveshaft shop plug

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
I haven't had a lot of trailtime this year because my junk isn't quite up to standard, but I'm getting there. I have to drive this thing every day so I can't work with extended down-times.

2 nights ago I finally installed my HP5.29 front diff. I've been "breaking it in" with the hubs unlocked in 4high for 2 days now. Everything feels great. I can buzz down the highway at 75 without (serious) vibrations. "Front Range driveshaft" built my long travel front driveshaft and it is balanced better than my old stock IFS front driveshaft! Really smooth especially considering the agricultural spline slip yoke on it.

Tonight I plan on taking apart the 4.88 V6 ARB that was up front and rebuilding it as a 5.29 for the back.

F

fallingblock

driveshafts

Do they do a good job on shortening anda lengthing shafs for reasonable cost??

leiniesred

Hard Core 4+
Do a good job?

Boy, I think they do a great job.

Reasonable? Well, they were certainly on-par with other shops and less than the shops in the magazines.

I used the shop out in comerce city to have a shaft re-tubed they charged me 80 bucks and I think I got back someone else's u-joints.

Lemme put it this way, next time I need driveshaft work, I'm taking it back to front range. They delivered on time and everything was exactly right the first time. The shaft was cleaned, painted and greased and the shop was good to work with. No attitudes. Let's not forget that this SAS shaft with a long travel slip yoke and heavy tube runs smoother than my STOCK IFS shaft did! This is one of those rare, "Better than stock" 'Upgrades' I have done.
-LeiniesRed