Wanted Power Bleeder to borrow (or someone to assist)

Looking to find and/or buy something? Add this prefix to your thread.

IoN6

Rising Sun Member
Anyone have a power bleeder setup; Speedibleed, Motive, etc?

Just about done removing with my brake system refresh and am going to need to do my least favorite automotive task...

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
I have a mittyvac hand held unit you can borrow or i can help out if needed

IoN6

Rising Sun Member
I have a mittyvac hand held unit you can borrow or i can help out if needed

In all of my infinate internet-research based knowledge, it looks like there is some special cap for the Toyota MC's? Motive did not have one, but I see Speedibleed did and there were a few other 3rd party ones I found.

Either way, I will definitely take you up on some help!

[edit]
I bunged up on the proportioning valve I ordered, have what is hopefully the right one that should be here tomorrow. So, if it comes to manually bleeding I am looking at Saturday at the earliest
[/edit]

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Cool. Let me know. I am open for Saturday morning or all day Sunday.

IoN6

Rising Sun Member
I'd speculate you haven't done a lot of exhaust work?

Definitely not a lot, but the little I have done I didn't mind. Minus the learning curve to TIG' welding.

IMG_20200116_142155.jpg
IMG_20200116_174214.jpg

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
That's not exhaust work. At least not what I was talking about. Exhaust work is old rusty stuff that is crusted together after years (decades?) of salt and corrosion! FWIW, those are some very nice TIG puddles on that brand spanking new stainless. No, the exhaust work I hate is on old crusty rusted corroded stuff. Bolts and nuts that have been through thousands of temp cycles and mag chloride spray. Mud, dirt and oh yeah, did I mention corrosion?

IoN6

Rising Sun Member
That's not exhaust work. At least not what I was talking about. Exhaust work is old rusty stuff that is crusted together after years (decades?) of salt and corrosion! FWIW, those are some very nice TIG puddles on that brand spanking new stainless. No, the exhaust work I hate is on old crusty rusted corroded stuff. Bolts and nuts that have been through thousands of temp cycles and mag chloride spray. Mud, dirt and oh yeah, did I mention corrosion?
Oh 😬

I'll still take old rusty crusty over brake fluid. Stuff makes my skin crawl.

On the mag chloride stuff though. Cannot say how important it is to even just rinse your vehicle a few times during the winter. Kid bought a 2005 Nissan Rogue and the underside is markedly worse than the Cruiser. Guessing the little old lady that had it before never hosed the thing off.