• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Poll: how do you access the RS forum?

How do you access the RS forum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I'm curious how our users view the forum. PC? Mac? Tablet? Smartphone? Please take this quick poll. You may select up to 3 choices, but fewer will be more helpful. If 90% of the time you access the forum via your phone, just select that option. If you access the forum via a method that is not a poll choice, please post it below.

IoN6

Rising Sun Member
Does the forum software not have a lot of this?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Does the forum software not have a lot of this?
Maybe. I'm not expert on XenForo but I am trying to learn more. I am also hoping to add Google Analytics to capture information like this. In the meantime, this is an easy way to get a quick snapshot of our users.

IoN6

Rising Sun Member
Maybe. I'm not expert on XenForo but I am trying to learn more. I am also hoping to add Google Analytics to capture information like this. In the meantime, this is an easy way to get a quick snapshot of our users.

Sorry, did not mean to come off as a know-it-all or anything. Been ages since I ran a forum (vBulletin) but I seemed to recall there being some built-in analytics. Google Analytics is helpful, but personally speaking I block it via Pi-Hole as it is intrusive. I'll search on ZenForo and see what it can do out of the box. A simple log parser should also gather most of this too, depending on the access we have to where the site is hosted.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Sorry, did not mean to come off as a know-it-all or anything. Been ages since I ran a forum (vBulletin) but I seemed to recall there being some built-in analytics. Google Analytics is helpful, but personally speaking I block it via Pi-Hole as it is intrusive. I'll search on ZenForo and see what it can do out of the box. A simple log parser should also gather most of this too, depending on the access we have to where the site is hosted.
We may not have much log data since we just migrated to a new web host last week. Glad to have help on this sort of thing!