• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Pickle Gulch / Dakota Hill Network - July 4th

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Somewhat last minute, but I'm taking a run up Pickle Gulch and will likely tool around the Dakota Hill trail network (Michigan Hill, Utah Hill, etc.) on Sunday, 7/4. I plan to be at the trailhead at 9:30AM, if anyone else is interested in joining. Feel free to head up and peel off and head home whenever you like (I'll probably eat lunch on the mountain and head home early afternoon, 1-2PM or so).

Post up if you're interested!

Genooo28

Brand New
Hey I just moved here from AZ and hopefully I’ll find a place up here tonight after work. I have a 2000 4runner with a lift amd some falken AT tires . So hopefully i could keep up with ya . Not familiar with trails up here yet

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Hey I just moved here from AZ and hopefully I’ll find a place up here tonight after work. I have a 2000 4runner with a lift amd some falken AT tires . So hopefully i could keep up with ya . Not familiar with trails up here yet
You're more than welcome to come along! These trails are pretty easy, except for a few obstacles here and there, which I'm happy to spot you through. Let me know if you're able to make it out!

Genooo28

Brand New
I’ll keep ya posted . I’m here for 8 months so apartment shopping today .

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
:headbang:Awesome! I was hoping to get a good group together for this!

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Marshé asked if she could wear her PJ'S as this is her goal for the entire weekend🤣
As Matt Farr would say, “Hell Yeah!”

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
We will be bringing my mom. We were planning on just doing a nice drive with her on roads initially but she requested avoiding crowded and congested areas so when this popped up, it still fits within previous plan parameters technically. She has some light wheeling experience and loves the outdoors but has a bad knee that limits her ability so a short trail day works great. We also thought that this would be a good way to be introduced to the club and friends that we have so many cool trips with and tell her about them

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Is this the location to meet?
Screenshot_20210703-125001_Maps.jpg

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Is this the location to meet?View attachment 96468
Close - that's the turnoff to the Pickle Gulch campground. The trailhead is just down that road a bit. The trailhead coordinates are as follows:

39.84328, -105.52779

Google Map link:

https://goo.gl/maps/3xMSkoyrBUd6BiKz6

Also, just a head's up for everyone - while the obstacles on Pickle Gulch aren't terribly difficult, the trail is quite narrow in spots, so pinstriping will definitely happen.

Genooo28

Brand New
Somewhat last minute, but I'm taking a run up Pickle Gulch and will likely tool around the Dakota Hill trail network (Michigan Hill, Utah Hill, etc.) on Sunday, 7/4. I plan to be at the trailhead at 9:30AM, if anyone else is interested in joining. Feel free to head up and peel off and head home whenever you like (I'll probably eat lunch on the mountain and head home early afternoon, 1-2PM or so).

Post up if you're interested!
I’m sooo new to the area I have no idea where pickle gulch trailhead is 🤷🏼‍♂️ LOL

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I’m sooo new to the area I have no idea where pickle gulch trailhead is 🤷🏼‍♂️ LOL
Check the link just above your post…. ;)

OHUZJ100

I deserve that haha! 🖕🤣🖕

This is literally the one Sunday I could not make it. Next time, I'm down to party 🤘

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
We won’ be able to make it, sorry guys.. Just got the notification, and we’re still unpacking after a trip this weekend. Have a good ‘un, and drive safe.