• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

PartSouq Question

Daytonadogie

Lifted
How long does it take (roughly) to get parts from PartSoq? I’m looking at small stuff, like rubber bushings and such. How was your experience dealing with them?

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Yeah usually no longer than a week

coax

Hard Core 4+
Typically 3 days for me if the parts show as in stock. Every so often theRe is a customs gold and that adds a day. Overall I’ve been really happy ordering from them. Super quick considering coming from halfway around the world

wesintl

RS Moderator
never a problem. usually 3 day DHL

dan1554

RS Moderator
Staff member
Fast shipping, and packaging has always been excellent. They line large/fragile boxes with plywood. Of course I would still double check for any shipping delays due to virus lockdowns. I'd say its probably more reliable than ordering from Japan right now. I have a shipment that's been sitting with Japan Post for more than a month, and I don't expect it to go out for yet another.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Amayama ships japan post and they are having some decent delays and higher shipping costs as a result.

Telly

Rising Sun Member
I just received my order yesterday - took 5 days via UPS.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
Received an order on monday that I placed about 4 bussiness days earlier. Always happy with them. Often can't be beat for OEM price on small items.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I placed my first PartSouq order a few months ago. Even with shipping saved over $100 versus domestic. Arrived in 4 days ( think), well packaged.

Earlier this week I looked at ordering a hood liner (the underside pad). It was 1/2 the price of domestic but its large so the shipping was 2x the cost of the part. Stevenson online got it for me in 2 days and I'll pick it up tomorrow or Saturday.

Today I went shopping for the "stop light switch" 84340-06010 (controls brake light coming on and cruise control turning off. Its an interesting switch inside and the cruise contacts wore out and failed in the connected position, rendering my cruise control inoperable)

I called Derek at Stevinson because timing was a concern. $76.28 via phone to Stevenson. $63.98 via website. $27.68 shipped from Partsouq. I ordered on Stevinson website and spoke with Derek.. Derek will have it for me tomorrow and timing was a consideration, so at his suggestion I placed the order via website.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I placed my first PartSouq order a few months ago. Even with shipping saved over $100 versus domestic. Arrived in 4 days ( think), well packaged.

Earlier this week I looked at ordering a hood liner (the underside pad). It was 1/2 the price of domestic but its large so the shipping was 2x the cost of the part. Stevenson online got it for me in 2 days and I'll pick it up tomorrow or Saturday.

Today I went shopping for the "stop light switch" 84340-06010 (controls brake light coming on and cruise control turning off. Its an interesting switch inside and the cruise contacts wore out and failed in the connected position, rendering my cruise control inoperable)

I called Derek at Stevinson because timing was a concern. $76.28 via phone to Stevenson. $63.98 via website. $27.68 shipped from Partsouq. I ordered on Stevinson website and spoke with Derek.. Derek will have it for me tomorrow and timing was a consideration, so at his suggestion I placed the order via website.
Let us know how that stop light switch works out for ya. My CC has been working intermittently as well for awhile. Sometimes it works other times not.

satchel

Rising Sun Member
Just ordered some 80 series U-joints to build a custom driveshaft on Sunday, got here today.

BlueSteel

Lifted
I’ve had good experiences with PartSouq. Easy to find parts on their website and arrives in about a week and always very well packaged. Stevenson Toyota has also been very good when I used them.

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
any tips on how to best decipher the site? do you cross reference with another P/N list? I'm the guy who buys three of the wrong thing before the correct one. :oops:

BlueSteel

Lifted
any tips on how to best decipher the site? do you cross reference with another P/N list? I'm the guy who buys three of the wrong thing before the correct one. :oops:

I input the VIN and it filters parts for that model variant only. Is that what you mean?

coax

Hard Core 4+
My go to method was to use toyodiy (register for pictures) and get part number from there. Then just search by that on Partsouq. Sometimes the part numbers are old but usually partsouq will give you the superceeded part number. You can also put in the VIN or just filter down on the model you have by us spec, manual/automatic, etc.

RDub

I've placed about 10 orders with them. Always good service and fast shipping. Size matters, though, and shipping costs go up quickly once you get into decent sized items, like 70-series sun visors, for example. They have great customer service and answer chat questions promptly. I've asked them about availability of items that I know are still available but show none in their stock and they have placed me on a notify list for when the parts are back in stock. Works every time. I've received stuff via DHL, UPS and FedEx, and it's really a market rate at the time thing that determines which is best.