• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Parts Hunting, Found 4 FJ40s, an '84 60, and 95+ 80

Thought I'd let the group know what I found while hunting around in Denver yesterday:

There was a really nice Grey 60 in a place right by Colorado Auto & Parts (they had nothing) called Budget Auto (link) It had the lower tailgate missing, one door damaged, and some other misc parts gone. Other than that, it was mostly there, very rust free, good interior, good engine. They were pretty cool, it isn't a pick and pull, but they'll let you take a look, and then request which parts you want.

Then I checked out a weird Craigslist ad for "Ford FJ40 Jeeps" at a place at 58th and I-25. It is the bright green building on the East side of I-25 just S of 58th. Called MetalMovers (link)
They had 3 good pre-'79 tubs in very good condition. Floorboards and rear bed were almost rust free. I didn't get the years on any but a '78. The '78 had a good looking 2F, tranny and tcase still. All of them still had their axels. Most of the interior stuff was gone (almost all on the '78 except a front heater that looked good-$50) No doors or tops on any of them. One still had seats, not sure if they were original.

On my way out, I noticed a 95+ 80, dark green, 161k, not locked, good grey leather interior. I think it was marked $2,000 for the whole thing. Had a front impact that bent the frame, but other than that looked really good. I'd take a few parts off of it if someone decides to take it and part it. They'd probably let someone have it for $1,500.

The people at this place had no idea what a LC was, so ask to see the "Jeeps", there was two together, then the other one was in the back loaded full of junk. There was also a frame that someone already took the tub off of.

PM me if you have any questions and I'll see if I can remember anything.

Happy hunting!