Parts discount @ Stevinson Toyota West & Scion

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
1) I think we are all way over-complicating this and making it confusing.
2) Derek, parts manager and cruiser guy, and good friend to Rising Sun and I e-mailed several times last week around my order. (he is on vacation this week so you'll see a differnt e-mail if you order as I did today) He encourages us to use the web portal. Almost like saying "the internet is not Stevinson." @gungriffin - was it Derek who told you this and does it even matter at all?

Is her name Briana or Brittany? I am just relaying what I was told. I asked because the order I placed was done over the phone with the RS discount. The price online was still about 10% less than that. When I arrived, I asked if I could just cancel and reorder it online to pick up then. She told me that was not possible. At the end of the day, I almost always order online because it is substantially cheaper than the RS discount anytime I am quoted over the phone. Maybe that means that ultimately this doesn't matter.

It sounds like this is all quite simple and starts with rule 1) email Derek and then goes to rule 2) if you see anything else, revert back to rule number 1.

IoN6

Rising Sun Member
Just ordered hopefully the last of the parts needed to put all of the other parts I had been collecting on. Emphasis on the hopefully.

Now that they are taxing internet purchases, it is just a matter of days until all the roads are fixed! :rolleyes::unsure::poop:

1600189895810.png

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Bump that I just ordered some obscure parts (flare pad, grommet, and plug and Derek had the patience to work through it with me because I could not find these in the online diagrams.

A few weeks ago I ordered some of what I needed for the timing belt job and all coolant hoses. (I got a few things from Cruiser Outfitters.) The order went great.

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
It sounds like this is all quite simple and starts with rule 1) email Derek and then goes to rule 2) if you see anything else, revert back to rule number 1.
Actually step 1 for best price at Stevinson is parts.toyota.com (you do have to select Stevinson West on that site), Derek told me this directly.
You must pay more on the phone or in the store due to the paid humans you interact with during those transactions.
You can only get the web pricing on the web for the same reason (lower overhead for Stevinson).
I find it to be both fair and simple and use it all the time. It is a drag if I want to call in an order while driving but in that case I just pay up a bit for the convenience.

(Note this thread was started in 2012 so the fresher info comes later)

Thanks all