• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Park next to your series buddy at the Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caribou Sandstorm

Hard Core 4+
Ok so I checked with Kevin and he is hoping we are all willing to park in the series row of our vehicle this year...

-1st few rows would be for 40 series

-then a row for 60 series

-then a row for minis/tacomas/4runners

-then a row or 2 for 80 series, save a few spots for 100 series

-then the last few row for FJ Cruisers

Still folks can take up additional spots for swaping parts, just like in years past.

Maybe trailers that deliver rigs can be parked in an open row behind the FJCs?

If no one has any real objections, we can give this a shot this year and see if it makes for good pics.

wesintl

RS Moderator
no way i'm parking next to an ugly 55 ;)

we've tried this before. Unless you tell every person specifically where to park it won't happen. I mean most of us will but the people that aren't on this forum everyday will park where ever.

Dr. Schlegs

Hard Core 4+
True it has been tried before. However, we are attempting to get the word out early so people can plan accordingly. Further, we will mention this as people are coming into the Rally. If you see someone intermingling series, please ask them to move the designated row. This is a great chance to get pics and we will try to make a play to have a write up in TT. Everyone's help is appreciated.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Why does the FJ people not want to mix with us? :D

And why do the 80 and 100s have to park toward the back? Is it 'cuz all the guys driving the old iron need to be closer to the front because they'll already be worn out just driving to the Rally? :confused: :hill:

Dr. Schlegs

Hard Core 4+
Jeff you should bring your 40 out to the Rally. Hearing the blow; not seeing the go!

Last edited:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
:D :lmao:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
The problem is if you get there at 11:00, you can't find a spot in your designated model row.

Dr. Schlegs

Hard Core 4+
The problem is if you get there at 11:00, you can't find a spot in your designated model row.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning. Think the bridge will be there and it will be there. It's a mother, beautiful bridge, and it's gonna be there. Ok?" - Oddball - Kelly's Heroes

But if you show up at 11 you will have missed all the smok'n deals on Cruiser stuff, so it would behoove you to be there early.

wesintl

RS Moderator
why do you insist i have to park by myself... :)

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Why does the FJ people not want to mix with us? :D

Lets see......40 series grill look and similar name to Toyota's flagship but not a Land Cruiser....

Based on a Tacoma platform....but not really a Taco...

Poor visibility like an XB but not a Scion....

World class 120 frame but only sold as US market class.....

Lets not forget the life saving crumple zones but not a Camry....

Not sure where to put 'em! :p::lmao::lmao:

Caribou Sandstorm

Hard Core 4+
Ok you all have allowed me the courtesy of organized parking for a few years, should we go back to a mish/mash and let folks park where ever they want or keep it by series?

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
Ok you all have allowed me the courtesy of organized parking for a few years, should we go back to a mish/mash and let folks park where ever they want or keep it by series?

You have to park with the 3rd gens (get with Yoder for a detailed explanation) no more FJC row for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.