Overnight Run Info

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Just curious, don't know exactly where to go for the Overnight Run (or more specifically, where to go the night before so I can meet up with the group and sleep easy knowing that I'm safe and sound :rolleyes:), wondering what (if any) frequency has been designated, CB and Ham.

Also, if anyone is convoying down there after registration in Moab Tuesday, I would be more than glad to have company!

Speaking of that (kinda), do the info packets get sent out by mail or do we pick them up in Moab at registration? I know where the sign is to turn off the highway and head to Arch Canyon, but don't know if that's the meeting place (I can't remember what the registration info said) etc.

Just curious, don't know exactly where to go for the Overnight Run (or more specifically, where to go the night before so I can meet up with the group and sleep easy knowing that I'm safe and sound :rolleyes:), .

Matt

I can tell you where to go for the overnight run, but that's no guarantee about you being safe and sound. :D

Most of the group will be camped in the campground located in Comb Wash, about 20 miles from Blanding. Basically head South from Moab till you get to Blanding. Mile or two South of town is the turn off for highway 95. turn onto that road heading West. About 20 miles later you go through a large cut in the mountain and drop down into Comb Wash. There is a dirt road at the base of the hill as you drop down, turn left on that dirt road into the large Cottonwood Trees. There is a camp ground there with some primative toilets. That's were we will camp and leave from there in the morning for the trailruns.
We'll split into two groups with half of the people doing Arch Canyon the first day and half the group doing Hotel Rock the first day. Not sure if Rising Sun has designated cb channels for each run or not. It will probably be in the packets that you'll get when you tech inspect your vehicle in Moab on Tuesday. I will probably be hitting Moab around 4-5pm on Tuesday to pick up stuff before heading down to camp. If you want to wait till then, We can caravan together, otherwise, see you there.

Troy

subzali

Hard Core 4+
That works for me, I will try to be around the registration booth and I will keep an eye out for your truck. You can check out what my truck looks like in the Member Bios section, and you can always ask around, everyone usually can point me out because they're trying to avoid me :D

IIRC, Arch Canyon is north of that road that goes through the cut (went backpacking down there last spring and I remember seeing the sign), so you're saying the campground is on the south side? Works for me. Thanks.

I'll look for you in Slickrock. I'll be in the lexus pulling a tent trailer.
As soon as you come through the cut in the Mtn. look off the hill and you'll see the camp area. pic of camp from near the cut.

Attachments

• comb wash campground.jpg
    comb wash campground.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 250

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee