• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Overnight camping in Fourmile area

sleepintheback

Rock Stacker
The Fourmile area is open through the 30th of this month, and NOT under a fire ban. I'm going to head out there on the morning of the 14th, wheel all day, and then camp out that night. With a fire, and probably s'mores and wine. Then head home on the morning of the 15th.
If anyone cares to join me, I'm leaving Denver at 7 am on Saturday morning. We can meet at Cheesman or further south (but later in the morning).

Attachments

• Fourmile-Map-pdf.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 238
  • Screenshot 2020-11-10 005740.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-10 005740.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 219
  • fseprd555441.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 198

cbranch

Rock Stacker
Wish I could join but I'm traveling all week. Next time for sure!

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
I spend a TON of time in that area since there is a ton of sport climbing available. Drove that exact route last Saturday and did not have any issues solo. Some of the trails on the west side see lots of shade so keep an eye out for ice buildup. It should still be a great day just make sure not to slide into any trees in the tight spots.

I doubt you will have an issue finding dispersed camping. Tons of great spots in that area. If it is really windy there are some more sheltered spots along 311.

I would tag along but have lots of maintenance planned for this weekend.

cbranch

Rock Stacker
I'm thinking about doing the Fourmile trails & camping there this weekend as burn bans are still in effect for the majority of the front range. Just made some insulation for the windows and got a new mattress for the back I want to test out

If anyone else wants to join along I can provide some more concrete plans