• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Outlaws Run 2020: October 17-24th

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
see y’all in sego. it’s still on.

been talking with Perry over the past couple days...and super bummed our fearless leader will be virtually attending by way of snarky texts, bad jokes, and pics of us flipping him off.

so with that, those that are “in” let’s meet in sego canyon today...whenever you can get there. that’s camp tonight.
Dan1554 and I have been messing with route options so we’ll be in good shape with whatever comes our way.

hope to bug out by 10 or 11 am today.
I’m kd0mze in the hams world

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
Just as I was heading out, severe el. problems. VSR acting up and really weird, a short to compressor. My bad wiring I guess. So bummed not being able to make this trip. Been looking forward to it since I signed up.

Have fun you all, stay safe and take a lot of pic's.

New VSR ordered $$$, compressor clutch ordered $$. It just won't get here any time soon. Want to thank Brian B (PhatFJ) for helping me out this AM, to try to get me on the road and locating the problems.

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
home sweet home...although with this 15 degree weather the desert continues to call. it was a great week and we got to explore areas of Utah we've never seen as well as pass by entrances places we've been in the past to reminisce (Blue Nothch, comb ridge, hotel rock, white canyon and more). really cool places in Dixie National Forest and Fishlake NF left to explore.

quick real general recap...
old40dog and I met in sego canyon after dark...2m doesn't like to get out of that canyon and I finally connected with dave as he was heading out to the Thompson Springs gas station to get a better signal. Kurt met us there and we enjoyed lots of laughs and good stories.

from there we headed to Circleville to check out the boyhood home butch cassidy - very cool spot. Met up with Dan1554 doughboy outside of circleville in fishlike NF.

Bombed around from there to start our trek east through the dusty trails. set up a two day camp in Dixie NF, we passed hunters but did not see but one truck pass by the morning we were packing up.

Went through Hell's Backbone on our way to the next camp outside Boulder, Utah. very dark...great place for Milky Way pics ;-)

headed from there through Escalante and over Capital reef on Burr trail road and quickly realized we had to do the "head toward Hite and Blanding to actually get where we wanted...longish day but good times, great rag-chewing on the Ham and gorgeous weather the entire week. (shorts and t-shirts until the sun went down.

there might have been another camp in there somewhere, it gets blurry after a while.

last camp was outside Montrose.

things I learned:
1. I need a CEDAC grill, solar shades , a smaller chair and to pack less crap.
2. I like Land Cruisers.
3. playing the slots in the middle of the desert is pretty cool.

and...threads suck without pictures.

Outlaws2020 - 2.jpeg
Outlaws2020 - 12.jpeg
Outlaws2020 - 32.jpeg
Outlaws2020 - 39.jpeg
Outlaws2020 - 47.jpeg
Outlaws2020 - 44.jpeg

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Ah man. A bit jealous right now..

Great pics so far and looks like a wonderful time. Though I am gonna need a day by day and campfire by campfire pic recount of the week....

The only thing I did for that week was get tested for Covid (negative result) and work on pics from Iceland to post on the blog....

Look forward to more pics!

:beer: :beer:

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
I have some pictures, but are to good of quality to upload apparently.

Whats said at the camp fire, stays at the camp fire.

Also, the milky way is going over Utah this time of year.

I like camping

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I have some pictures, but are to good of quality to upload apparently.
At the present time, you'll need to reduce the file size to upload these. I am looking into a process to accept and automatically downsize larger photos, but this feature isn't going to happen immediately (if it happens at all).

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
At the present time, you'll need to reduce the file size to upload these. I am looking into a process to accept and automatically downsize larger photos, but this feature isn't going to happen immediately (if it happens at all).
That sounds like a lot of work. So you guys will just have to trust me on how amazing these pictures are.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
That sounds like a lot of work. So you guys will just have to trust me on how amazing these pictures are.
You could put them on Google Photos or Imgur, and then post a link.

dan1554

RS Moderator
Staff member
Twas a great outlaws. Started with doughboy and a few others on Rimrocker.
Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 10.28.14 AM.png

Old grain(?) mill
Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 10.27.46 AM.png

2 day site because it was a good one, and a couple of us stayed up waaaay too late to want to do much the next day. Not a soul around. Got a little cold though.
Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 10.27.29 AM.png

Hells backbone
Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 10.27.10 AM.png

Morning drive through the canyon
Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 10.26.14 AM.png

HDJs
Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 10.25.49 AM.png

Impromptu desert camp
Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 10.25.09 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 10.24.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-02 at 10.24.21 AM.png

bh4rnnr

More please.

:beer::beer:

Doughboy

Rising Sun Member
I uploaded my pictures to the rising sun Facebook group.

bh4rnnr