Ophir - W>E or E>W ?

Curunir

Rock Stacker
Thanks! I've been watching the northern fires and the one not too far from here but didn't catch the Ice Fire.

That would change everything, especially combined with the snow coming in. I will look...

Curunir

Rock Stacker
So sorry to see another fire :-(
I was really hoping the snow would help the ones up north and now we're seeing them down south too. I hope all civilians and responders stay safe.

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
The fire growth today was only reported at a handful of acres. This fire does have some natural defendable boundaries above tree line if the wind stays in check. The Ice Lakes area is almost surely going to burn. But I imagine that surface grass and vegetation will recover quickly if the ground does not get too hot. We have some precip in the forecast for Sunday. That is good news.

This photo was posted to twitter today 10/21, it seems like the damage is not as devastating as it could have been? The lower switchbacks up to Clear Lake are in the center of the photo. Some areas it was largely undergrowth that burned, although I see a few areas where there is complete torching of the trees and everything. From what I’ve seen, it looks like the immediate vicinity of Ice and Island Lakes have been spared. I pray the firefighters can remain safe and keep it contained within the ridge and valleys as it currently stands for another few days until snow showers arrive this weekend.

Attachments

• 2842D619-14E9-4ADF-9512-4C868208FA5C.jpeg
    2842D619-14E9-4ADF-9512-4C868208FA5C.jpeg
    774.5 KB · Views: 114