• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Olympic NP

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Well, after talking with my Uncle in Hansville, WA (moms side of the fam), looks like i'm going to be heading that way next July. With that, I'm looking at spending some time after on the Olympic Peninsula and Olympic National Park. Looking at 9 days for that area, with the hopes of being able to see a good friend in Portland on the way home.

Curious if any one else has spent some time there? Must see places when there? Good trails to explore?

I'm open to having people join as well:) ( ahem Matt).

Included pics from my last visit to Hansville.

3.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

:beer::beer:

Blindranger

Hard Core 4+
Snow levels will dictate how much you can explore the upper elevations of the park.
-Pacific Coast: Rialto Beach, Second Beach, ShiShi Beach, Cape Flattery.
-Dispersed camping: Dusk Point.
-Hiking: Obstruction Point, Deer Point, Hall of Mosses, Staircase Rapids, Steam Donkey, Tull Canyon, Madison Falls...

FJCDan

Rising Sun Member
Beautiful area up there, spent a month there in the National Park with the youth conservation corps doing trail building back in 79. We hiked in for 8 hours unloaded and did it again to bring more supplies up. The councelors we had were real slave drivers. The best thing I remember was seeing Mt Ranier above the clouds. I also got a picture of Mt St. Helens from the airplane before it blew that next spring. Very rainy but awsome country. You will love it, so green.

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Megan and I just got back from Olympic a few weeks ago. It was absolutely gorgeous, we can’t wait to go back!!

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
As we discussed. My sister and nephews would be stoked if I took a trip up there next July! (ahem Perry! :perry: LOL)