• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Old Chinaman's Prototype Run

Nay

Hard Core 4+
I'm looking to set up a run on Old Chinaman's over Memorial Day weekend...or maybe even one of the weekdays surrounding the actual 3 day weekend as I'll be on vacation.

I know we just ran Old Chinaman's...the reason for me is that I am testing a prototype 3" lift on my 80 (all details to be revealed at the trailhead :) ) running 35" trxus MT's as a direct comparison to 33" trxus MT's on OME 2.5".

I need to run the same trail and same obstacles to get an accurate assessement of the differences/advantages/complications/etc.

Not sure which day yet...just wanted to guage interest in a less "formal" run than the FJ run in April.

Any interest?

Nay

Seldom Seen

Hard Core 4+
Went to BV last year for the memorial day weekend. Our plan was to run Old Chinaman's, ended up on Tincup and Hancock/Mary Murphy 'cuz there was a group of 115 (that's right 115) heeps that Saturday !!! If'n you plan on that weekend be sure to check the boards to see what's cook'n.

Beater

Hard Core 4+
wife was actually looking for somewhere to go camping that weekend and suggested moab...

would anyone want to do something closer?

Nay

Hard Core 4+
I am going to bag for Memorial weekend due to probable crowds and try to set up something for the following weekend.

Nay

subzali

Hard Core 4+
maybe...just maybe the weekend of the 27th/28th. I'll talk with my buddy and see what's cooking with him.

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
perhaps...it will depend on how broke the truck is at that point. If it's finally fixed, i would love to come out.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Sorry, thought it was further off...my truck's not gonna be ready by next weekend! :(

Nay

Hard Core 4+
I'm looking to do this the following weekend on Sat June 3rd or Sun June 4th.

Anybody interested?

Nay