Oil squirting from ARB soleniod when unlocking

I have ARB diff locks f/r. After returning from CM06 I noticed my front solinoid was spraying oil out every time I disengaged the locker. I have recently swapped the entire f/r axles from one 97 to this one and this was the first time I really used the lockers repeatedly since the swap. I may have tipped the axle during the swap and allowed diff fluid into the air hose. If this is the case I would think it would slowly stop spraying as the hose cleared out. It appears to have slowed but I thought I would throw this out there in case anyone has run into this before and knows if any maintainence is needed. Thanks.

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
I have heard of this before - good news. Bad news is one of the o-rings inside the diff is not doing its job keeping the oil out of the air line. Diff needs to come out to fix.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
LEXUSBEN said:
I have heard of this before - good news. Bad news is one of the o-rings inside the diff is not doing its job keeping the oil out of the air line. Diff needs to come out to fix.

Ben hit it! Also, check to make sure the diff vent is not obstructed. Often this is what starts the problem as the diff builds pressure via heat or even the locker piston weeping air when locked.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Additional, possible bad news: you may need the redesigned piston if your ARB is a touch older (mine was, about 1998 vintage or so). It really is not all that difficult in a minitruck; it may be more of a pain in a clip-type axle though...

Tell tale is that the O-ring failure will show itself by losing pressure over a few minutes of engagement. Piston failure may not; it may just spew oil. You can always do a Cap't. Bligh imitation when it does....
"THAR SHE BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWSSSSS!!!!!!!"

I am planning on changing gear ratios anyway, I will have them swap o-rings and do all the PM they can at that time. It does not disengage on it's own right now so I hope that means it is holding pressure. If it is the piston do I need to change out the entire locker? My lockers are from 1999-2000 or so. How do I clean out the diff breather?