• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Oil Pan Paint Stripping

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
So I got my oil pan back from Havana Machine. After tanking it's lost paint, but not all of it. The stuff on the outside looks bad, but with a wire wheel I think it would smooth out and look OK after painting. But the inside, there is some left, particularly down in the sump and around the baffle. Places that I can't really hit with a wire wheel. It doesn't seem to be ready to come loose, but it bothers me that it's there and has to be right under my oil pickup screen. So anyone have an idea to get all the paint from inside? A foolproof paint stripper or something? It didn't come off after 17 years of use AND sitting in a hot tank, so it might not be not much of an issue. But still, you know, it can't be easy.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I might. It's been a while since I used it. I'll try to remember to look tonight.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I did some searching, and I don't have any left. Try calling (309) 376-2216. There may be a local place where you can buy it. Or it might be one of those deals where someone will drop it off at your house.

It's the best paint stripper I've ever used. It will even get red paint out of wood grain.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee