Ohm ?

arthog

Hard Core 4+
I need a new fuel sending unite. I have that big ass 50gal fuel troff from Man-A-Fre, they don't make it or supply a replacement sender any more. I found one on summit that says Ohm range 240 Ohms empty and 33 Ohms full. and that leads me to my question. what is, or where would I find the Ohms range for my 55.:confused:

60wag

Rising Sun Member
The Toyota manual should have the resistance range listed for testing the OE unit.

arthog

Hard Core 4+
the Toyota body & chassis manual just tell me how to remove and install. the Haynes manual says 17 +- 2.1 ohms at its lowest flot setting. This does not say what the full setting should be. So I don't know a range to look for

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
art hog said:
the Toyota body & chassis manual just tell me how to remove and install. the Haynes manual says 17 +- 2.1 ohms at its lowest flot setting. This does not say what the full setting should be. So I don't know a range to look for

I would assume 55's use the same senders and guages as 40's. I will swing by the shop and test a 40 sender and let you know what it reads.

KE

arthog

Hard Core 4+
------------------------THIS JUST IN-------------------------
I found yet another Toyota manual. This one has the shit!
in chart form and everything.
float position-------------------------resistance in Ohms

Full 17 +- 2.1(this is oppitset of the Haynes
manual)

1/2 40 +- 4.5

empty 120 +- 6.5

so do I find something that is exact to that range or do I have a +- on this too.
I don't understand much about resistance. I know a little about the French Resistance but I don't remember them fighting the Ohms they fought the Germans.:cheers: