• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Off Road Survival Camp

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Off Road Survival Camp
For immediate release

Mesa Arizona – December 7, 2008 – Off Road Survival Camp will be held from March 12th through the 15th, 2009. Bill Burke will teach off road driving and vehicle recovery skills. Jeff Lewis will teach desert survival, and Curt Holiday will instruct and certify participants in wilderness first aid. For more information, visit www.offroadsurvivalcamp.com or e-mail ChuckDavis@OffRoadSurvivalCamp.com

Recived via e-mail

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
In the same spirit as the above post, I thought I'd point out that Scott Brady, Graham Jackson and various other members of the Overland Society/Overland Journal group are building a new course catalog that includes various driving, survival and recovery classes.

http://overlandtraining.com/catalog/

Graham is a Rover guy, but he lives here in Louisville and will be offering most of these classes in Colorado (along with Arizona).

I got a taste of some of the course offerings when I went to the Expedition Trophy in October, and I think there will be some interesting and informative classes for both the novice driver and the experienced adventurer. As I indicated, Overland Training is brand new and still in the development phases, but I suspect by next spring that there will be a more concrete schedule with some great opportunities for us Coloradoans.

Check it out!

Ken: If you'd prefer to keep this thread about the Bill Burke class, lemme know and I can move this post somewhere else.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
No problem Matt

I received this via e-mail and am just passing the info along