• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Not mine metal shop building

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
It’s on Facebook marketplace

Attachments

• 9D4C02DA-8E65-41B7-B241-806761284C22.png
    9D4C02DA-8E65-41B7-B241-806761284C22.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 164

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
how hard do you think it is to move something like that?

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
how hard do you think it is to move something like that?
My guess is even with 4 buddies helping it would be an all weekend affair, and then some. You'd be pulling those garage doors off, removing the tracks, most likely taking all the siding and roofing off, to get to whatever frame you can then figure out how to take apart. I don't think it would be that technical, just a bunch of labor, and a lot of it heavy stuff overhead so couldn't really be done alone. You would need to understand the structure, and if it has solid trusses that span the whole thing, or are they bolted together in 3 or 4 pieces, etc. That'll give you an estimate on timing, and what kind of trailer you'd need to haul it away, if you can even do it in one trip, etc. Some interior pics of what's holding it together would go a long way towards estimating the job. Sure looks appealing though for that price though, I'd love to have that.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
My guess is even with 4 buddies helping it would be an all weekend affair, and then some. You'd be pulling those garage doors off, removing the tracks, most likely taking all the siding and roofing off, to get to whatever frame you can then figure out how to take apart. I don't think it would be that technical, just a bunch of labor, and a lot of it heavy stuff overhead so couldn't really be done alone. You would need to understand the structure, and if it has solid trusses that span the whole thing, or are they bolted together in 3 or 4 pieces, etc. That'll give you an estimate on timing, and what kind of trailer you'd need to haul it away, if you can even do it in one trip, etc. Some interior pics of what's holding it together would go a long way towards estimating the job. Sure looks appealing though for that price though, I'd love to have that.
Hey we just unistalled and moved a two post lift I am sure we could help you move a garage. But yeah its gonna be quite a bit of labor and big things. Probably need a forklift or picker.

white wings

Hard Core 4+
HA, I saw this one as well and as much as I like a deal, It may be the same price to buy this thing new and have the retailer install it.