Northside mechanic recommendation for my 80-series

Blindranger

Hard Core 4+
Long time no chat! After being back in Colorado for three years, it's time I finally registered my 1996 FZJ80. It has never been able to pass emissions (CO numbers are too high), and my out-of-state plates expired years ago. Does anyone have a good mechanic they recommend, preferably near-ish to Longmont?

If I cannot get the emissions sorted, I think I will bite the bullet, go the Montana LLC route, and register it up there, but it would be cool to have CO plates on my 80 finally.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Long time no chat! After being back in Colorado for three years, it's time I finally registered my 1996 FZJ80. It has never been able to pass emissions (CO numbers are too high), and my out-of-state plates expired years ago. Does anyone have a good mechanic they recommend, preferably near-ish to Longmont?

If I cannot get the emissions sorted, I think I will bite the bullet, go the Montana LLC route, and register it up there, but it would be cool to have CO plates on my 80 finally.
Try Cruisers and Company in Erie https://www.cruisersandcompany.com/ They are some great friends of the club.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I was about to make the same recommendation as @RayRay27

Blindranger

Hard Core 4+
I just called them, and it went straight to their voicemail, which was full. Email it is, then.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I just called them, and it went straight to their voicemail, which was full. Email it is, then.
Also it looks like they may have moved to Westminster, near 71st and Federal. Johnny is a real good guy is probably pretty busy after Cruise Moab.

JohnnyP

Rising Sun Member
Thanks for the love guys, getting @Blindranger in soon. Voicemail is now cleaned up, sorry about that. @RayRay27 is correct, the new address is 7111 N Julian St. Westminster 80030. "Dukes Garage", actively working on getting a sign up!

hitchhiker

Rising Sun Member
@hitchhiker where do you take your 80 again??
I go to L1 or now CTR in Loveland. Awesome dudes, they are usually a bit backed up but if you are in a bad situation they will do their best to help you. They even worked on my 80 in the Spanish trail parking lot during CM this year!