• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

New Whip: Revel Rascal

benjrblant

Trail Ready
Spent some time in Moab for the Moab Thaw last month and rode plenty of demo bikes. Poison Spider Cycles hosted the event at the Moab Brand trailhead and vendor turnout was pretty good. I think some late winter weather discouraged some attendees but there were plenty of bikes available.

My favorite was by far the Rascal from a new brand, Revel, based in Carbondale. These are the same guys that run Why Cycles and Revel is their new carbon MTB brand. I spent some time talking to Jeremiah about suspension design and geometry- he was an engineer at Rock Shox for a decade and it's obvious that he knows his stuff and is insanely passionate about his work.
I got to spend some time on the new ride this past weekend in Moab and it was every bit as sweet as I remembered.

IMG_20190412_163724.jpg

This one is a 12spd GX build with a Pike RTC3 140mm fork and a Super Deluxe RCT shock giving 135mm of rear travel. This thing absolutely kills it on the trails and it's been mad fun so far!

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
Looks awesome! I clicked on their website to see who sells them (only 8 small retailers it appears), and funny enough one of my good buddies from NAU sells them out of his shop in Sedona called Over the Edge!