• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

New to the group - 80 Series

RiNoFAB

New-ish
Hey everyone, been a minute since I’ve been active on any kind of forum, however trying to fix that with this one here at Rising Sun and become a more active member.

I’m located in RiNo (River North) / Five Points just north of Downtown Denver and have been working out of my boy Satchels shop up in Collier as of very recently as we begin producing some goodies for the 80 series community.

I picked up a 1996 LX450 out of Texas recently, Goldie is her name, and currently doing a bunch of minor fixes and maintenance as well as building her out a full set of body armor starting with a new set of sliders. I’ve got another set of sliders I’m fabricating right now for another guys Toyota 4Runner, and as soon as those are done, I’ll be making the prototype for the center console that will be for fitting a dometic fridge into it along with a choice of front console options - cell holder, gun mount, CB radio etc.

As that’s all going on, we’ve got a little side project engine rebuild in the works as well...

Seriously stoked to get out on the trails with the locals out here. I’ve lived here 9 years, however have been away working OCONUS over half that time and haven’t been up in any 4x4 trails around here.

Attachments

• 0DEC6689-B910-4D8A-B680-FA1815C628F7.jpeg
    0DEC6689-B910-4D8A-B680-FA1815C628F7.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 136
  • E035DD3A-C03C-458D-9FB7-B5E177D0F560.jpeg
    E035DD3A-C03C-458D-9FB7-B5E177D0F560.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 118
  • 2069B457-5A9D-43AB-9333-C838C69405A4.jpeg
    2069B457-5A9D-43AB-9333-C838C69405A4.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 138

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Welcome and thanks for posting up! Come check out a meeting and kick some tires with us. Club meetings are the first Wednesday evening of each month and details show up in the banner at the top of the forum in advance with details.
Thanks again for posting up!

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Welcome to the group!

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Welcome! Happy to have you! Post more pics of the 80! :headbang:

RiNoFAB

New-ish
Welcome and thanks for posting up! Come check out a meeting and kick some tires with us. Club meetings are the first Wednesday evening of each month and details show up in the banner at the top of the forum in advance with details.
Thanks again for posting up!
I was informed of the meetups and fully plan on attending!

That’s also the night I have league axe throwing, but I should be able to makeup a few missed days with no issue. 🪓🎯

Lastresort576

Hard Core 4+
Hah, I am not Jeremy. I know a Jeremy or two tho. :LOL:
Haha. I only asked cuz a guy with a similar story from Texas was making and selling roof racks in fb market place and I snatched on up. 🍻

RiNoFAB

New-ish
Roof racks are coming down the road. I've had interest in bumpers and sliders so far, and I'm currently designing a center console for the dometic fridge - first for the 80 series, and then for the 60/62 series.

Ther will be a lot more posts and pics in the coming weeks and months, stay tuned.

Here's Marley, my shop dog/side kick sitting next to my boys pretty 62!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 117

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
@RiNoFAB

I’m pretty new around here too and also live in Five Points. If you see a rusty red 60 with black wheels holler at me.

A couple questions: Do you drive a 60/62/40? I’ve been trying to figure out if the ones in the neighborhood belong to people on here. And where is Collier? Never heard of it.

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I think he meant Conifer. :)

RiNoFAB

New-ish
@RiNoFAB

I’m pretty new around here too and also live in Five Points. If you see a rusty red 60 with black wheels holler at me.

A couple questions: Do you drive a 60/62/40? I’ve been trying to figure out if the ones in the neighborhood belong to people on here. And where is Collier? Never heard of it.
I'm right by Curtis Park. I had a tan 60 a few years go, however now I have a 96 LX450 that I'm designing a few accessories for and I mainly drive my 03' Ford E450 former ambulance as it's my work rig - it's a black one you may have seen in Five Points.

Collier is up north off exit 232 on I25.