New to forum introduction

I just thought I would introduce myself before I meet everyone at CM07. Im Eli, from Durango Co. I just got into cruisers last summer, when I took on a resto project on a 78 40. It close to finished....just need to put in tranny, run brake lines, and instal mini PS setup. Ive never wheeled in Moab which is kinda rediculus since I live so close, but am definately stoked for going in May. Ill be up there with my little brother (9), trying to get him into the habit before I leave for college. I look forward to meeting everyone at Cruise Moab.

Eli

:cheers:

Link to buildup thread-

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=110920

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Eli,

Great to see you on the RS forum!! I've been following your build thread over on MUD. The 40 is coming together nicely despite all the little, and big, road blocks you've gone through :)

Get that shoulder healed and I hope to meet you in CM07.

Last edited:

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Welcome. Moab should give you a chance to put your first dents in that new tub. :D It's going to be my first CM too, see you on the trails. :thumb:

Just looked through your build-up thread. Nice job!

One thing I was wondering about. In the pic with your new tub, looks like you don't have much clearance between the tires and tub. Are you worried you're going to make contact, especially after you bolt everything back in and fill it up with gear and gas, let alone when you flex it on the trail?

attachment.php

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
Welcome to the board. Looking forward to seeing you in Moab. Sounds like you got a little work to do. Get done asap, and run it a few times b/f Moab. You don't want to be working the kinks out with 15 rigs waiting on you. Den't are unavoidable.

I replied to you about the tire clearance thing back on mud. But yea, since im in an arm sling it makes it hard for me to do much other than the little things...interior, engine prep etc. So in the mean time im rounding up all my car buddies and hopefully we will have it ready to leave for paint by the end of this month...that way like you said I'll have time to work out any kinks and take it up to farmington to test her out on the rocks.